Thread: EX vrs. EX-P

Post Thanks / Like

EX vrs. EX-P

Hello.

I have been reading and found dark colors to use EX and light colors with Metallic to use EX-P. What if I have a dark grey with metallic? EX or EX-P? Tks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Both! :-p I found that on a dark green paint, EX makes the paint very warm and rich / deep. The sparkles didn`t pop out, but had more enthasis. EX-P would probably bring a nice clear look into it. Not very shaded, but bright and easy. You could probably just use PwC underneath EX-P and get a unique look to it that emphasizes the dark paint.

Use both I say. You can layer em and probably have a good functioning combo. Poorboy`s rocks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woob,

Can you use the PwC as the prep. product before EX or EX-P, or do you need to take it down to PP first? Never thought about using EX and EX-P on top of each other. Interesting combo.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can use just about anything in any order with Poorboy`s. I`m just waitin for someone to say they use EX or EX-P over BNB to keep the shine longer! (J/K)!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P over SSR1 on a dark green Volvo looked awesome. The plan is to apply some Natty`s after another coat of EX-P.

Going with the EX in between sounds like a great experiment, kind of locks in the carnauba shine of the EX with the EX-P

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can use PwC under EX-P and it looks very very good. It will darken it just a little but in the end it will still let the metallic sparkle enough to let you know its there.

You can put EX over this and make it even darker and it really does add to the look. I have since topped mine with nattys wax and its just an incredible look. I couldnt be more pleased.

On a side note dont try to alternate layers of EX-P and EX as for some reason the EX-P doesnt like to bond to the EX but the EX will bond to the EX-P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ben54
    Woob,

Can you use the PwC as the prep. product before EX or EX-P, or do you need to take it down to PP first? Never thought about using EX and EX-P on top of each other. Interesting combo.
    Use PP if you want a cleaner / clearer finish. I think everyone else covered it

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick recap for a dark car

PP, SSR1, EX-P, EX, Natty`s would be the proper method if using these products ?

Post Thanks / Like
    yep...i like the look

Post Thanks / Like
    Roadman,

Your really making too much work on yourself. For a dark car, use just EX or EX-P. EX for the wet look, or EX-P for a clear look. Seeing as that you are using both PP and SSR1, I would personally go with the wet look, thus using EX, then Natty`s.

If durability is an issue, I really don`t think your going to get THAT much more out of EX-P vs. EX.....maybe a couple/few weeks at the most. I would just throw 2 coats of EX on 24 hrs. apart, then Natty`s. Every other week, follow up with Natty`s for some ultimate maintenance gloss!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nick,

My thoughts were based on that I have just enough EX left over to do maybe one layer , but lots of EX-P. I figured to just use up the last of the EX as my final Sealer coat before Natty`s.

Thanks again for your suggestions

Thread Information