Post Thanks / Like

#26 vs Liquid Souveran

i was wandering how you guys would compare these 2 products?
    Liquid Souveran and Meguiars #26

Are they similar or way different?

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the world of liquid waxes I haven`t ever used anything that has compared to Liquid Souveran. It is head and shoulders above anything else I`ve used. #26 is great stuff, but it really isn`t able to compare to the wet look and awesome reflections that I get out of LS. It really is a superior wax in my opinion. If you have the chance to use it then I highly suggest it. I stocked up on it so I never have to worry about running out. I don`t stockpile many products because I don`t usually marry myself to them. For LS I made an exception. It will be a long time before another liquid wax bumps it off the throne.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, maybe i should consider getting LS. do you use LS for only your car, or all of your customers too? hows the durability on it (not that its really a factor for me), and if im correct, its easy to take off. also, is it yellow? thanks
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Boss_429
    I would agree with Jngrbrdman. LS is about as good as it gets when it comes to liguid carnauba products. However as Jngrbrdman said, there is certainly nothing wrong with #26, as it is a fine product indeed. The #26 has some significant cleaning abilities and does tend to stain trim. On the other hand, the LS seems to have almost no cleaning ability and doesn`t seem to stain trim like #26. I would also give an edge to LS in the looks department, and in application and removal. As for durability............ hard to tell. Both products have polymers in them, which should help give decent durability. I can say this......... It has been my experience that LS is more durable than Souveran paste!

Anyhow, for me, it`s an easy choice.................... LS!

Post Thanks / Like
    LS is not yellow. Its whiteish. And I use it mostly on my customer`s cars. I use P21S on top of the sealant on my cars because I like the way it rinses clean in the rain when the car is dusty. My cars are white and beige so LS doesn`t really do a whole lot for them anyway. Now, if I had a red or black car then LS would be on it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, that answers my questions. now my next question. whats the difference between the paste and the liquid? i noticed that hte liquid is a lot cheaper than the paste

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    There is about $50 difference between the paste and the liquid. That`s the big difference. The second difference is going to be in carnauba content. Paste wins on that one. Liquid wins in fillers and solvents. They are just very different.

Post Thanks / Like
    BOSS,

How much cleaning ability would you say #26 has? enough that you wouldnt want to put it over a sealent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    There is about $50 difference between the paste and the liquid. That`s the big difference. The second difference is going to be in carnauba content. Paste wins on that one. Liquid wins in fillers and solvents. They are just very different.

hmm, which do you prefer? im thinking the polish already has fillers, so all you would really need to do is top it with some canuba. however, im no expert

Thread Information