Thread: Hi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my car and am anxious to become a good detailer!

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what you need to do:

Read, read, read, practice, practice, practice and so on.

:welcome to Autopia

Post Thanks / Like
    Try it all.. Buy some Wolf Gang, Klasse, Poor Boys, Enzineete and try them all out on many different cars..

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia SAZMan!

First click on the "Learn" icon at the top and that should get you rolling in the right direction. Congradz on the car!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you hear, SAZ. :up Let me offer a few of my favorites.

To get started, I’d recommend that you read the Autopia Guide to Detailing – it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support Autopia … so it’s a good cause. :up You can also find lots of good, basic info for free by reading David`s articles at the "Learn" icon at the top of the page.

And reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) will tell you a bit about our operating procedures here at Autopia. We`re a little different from some of the more free-wheeling forums. (Thank goodness!) We put a premium on civility as well as critical analysis.

Also on the home page you’ll find a link to all the acronyms (AIO, CWB, PC, PUPP, etc.) that get bandied-about regularly. In my early days on Autopia, I kept that page open all the time like it was my "secret decoder ring." :lol

Then, what some new folks do is read thru the previous posts in the Autopia Univ forum; in addition to teaching you lots of the basics, that will give you a sense of which questions have already been asked and answered a gazillion times.

Also, a lot of folks take a while to discover our Reviews section, where we`ve posted lots of our own evaluations of products; it`s at http://www.autopia.org/review/index.php, if you`re interested.

And if/when you get ready to place orders, be sure to check on all the discounts Autopians get. Lots of those get posted in the Good Deals forum.

By the way, be aware that we ask newcomers (no matter how experienced they may be!) to post all their questions in the Autopia Univ forum until they get 30 posts. This is just a way to be sure that we give focused attention to newcomers’ posts.

You`ll find that Autopians are really happy to share their info and experiences. Read, learn, be sure to ask us for more info. :up

BTW, what`s your new ride??

Post Thanks / Like
    Saz, what Lynn said. Welcome to Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lynn

BTW, what`s your new ride??

2004 BMW 330i in Mystic Blue metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to autopia!!!!!!!!!!!!
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SAZMan

2004 BMW 330i in Mystic Blue metallic
    OWEEE! I`m shopping for an old (2000) BMW 3-series myself. So ... DOUBLE-welcome to Autopia.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia SAZman

This is good advice, "Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information