Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Spray and Wipe after a wash

Some people tend to judge their finishes and whether their product is still protecting by what they see after they wash.
    The problem is that soap leaves a residue and you are basically judging the soaps residue. An example that many people can relate to is a shower and shower doors...after you wash and even if you rinse the walls and door , when it dries you see a hazy film or what is called in a bathroom soap scum...
    To get a better idea of what protection you still have, use some Spray and Wipe after you are done and either wait for the next rain storm or shoot some water into the air and let it hit your finish like rain...I`m sure some of you will be pleasantly surprised that your previous detail is still holding up....
    Just some thoughts I thought I`d share
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good information!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poorboy ... I haven`t tried S&W yet for that but I always assumed that is why the paint wasn`t slick as it was right after waxing ... I do use FD and get great results after a wash with that as well. I don`t know about S&W but with FD, If the protection is almost gone the FD seems harder to remove and it also streaks. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!!!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    KW...you might be best off using FI which can remove the residue ,,FD is a gloss enhacing silicone with little to no cleaning ability...

Post Thanks / Like
    PB is 100% correct - I just washed my car and it`s about 5 days out after a full detail and two coats of EX - I didn`t use my 4* Platinum soap becuase I am running low. After wash and waffle weave dry - the finish did not feel slick at all - I used some S&W to finish up and do the windows and bam right back to that slickness.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used FI and while I like it for a clay lube, I like FD much better for after a wash ... I use 4* Shampoo and it doesn`t seem to leave much residue. It works for me ... I cannot wait to try out the S&W ... it has been absolutely crappy around here since I received my order from Dwayne.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a good point Steve. I`ve always noticed that whenever I come to a wash, the final rinse has large beads of water, but then when it rains later that day (happens all the time), the beads are back to small. The soap, especially a wash and wax type, definitely plays more of a role directly after a wash, more so than the current wax on there.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know Steve but I do not have any problems with slickness after washing my vehicle. For my case, I find it redundant using S&W after a wash. Don`t get me wrong, I really like your product and use it regularly. Anyway, just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    while reading this i was thinking.... poorboys should make an actually wash. i know spray and wipe works like a regular wash, but there are some things i am afraid to use spray and wipe on. anyways, i would bet a poorboys shampoo would sell like hot cakes, especially if it has the lubricity of spray and wipe. it would be comparable to QEW in my imagination.

anyways, it is just a thought and i figure steve has debated doing this at least once in the past few years.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by andriver
    I don`t know Steve but I do not have any problems with slickness after washing my vehicle. For my case, I find it redundant using S&W after a wash. Don`t get me wrong, I really like your product and use it regularly. Anyway, just my opinion.
    yes it is totally possible that you have an excellent finish and washing procedure that works great therefore being redudant for sure

I actually noticed this while experimenting with a new car shampoo, and it just made me think:dunno

Justin...wedid have a thread not long ago that listed a what we were developing at this time, but to make a long story short...see Dwayne statement under his name in a post

Post Thanks / Like
    I get sheeting with Ex - the water beads great but sheets off even better - my water is hard and leaves a film - only when I use 4* Platinum do I get a slick finsh after wash - anything else I have tried requires a S&W or QD ing post wash and dry .
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information