Post Thanks / Like

polished aluminum wheels.... pics

Well today I decided I`d better polish the alcoa wheels on our RV. They haven`t been polished in like 5 months so it was a tough job. Mothers was used and as usual the results are good but I was wondering if there was any other products to polish aluminum that was easier? I was also wondering if I should put something over the wheel so the shine will last a little longer and be protected? And the rest of the motorhome is about to undergo a detail in the near future.... any suggestions for that?

PS- Just to let everyone know I just ordered up a butt load of PB`s products so be ready for some pics of that :naughty

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There`s no such thing as a spray on, hose off aluminum polish. Polishing requires effort on aluminum.
    But, it`ll be easier if you maintain by polishing frequently. Once every 5 months isn`t often enough.

Now, if you did it every month it`d be much easier since the oxidation wouldn`t be so bad.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i was just wondering if there was any product that made it easier by polishing. From now until fall they will be done monthly but it is kinda hard to polish up the wheels with the snow here so that is why they weren`t done more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a subject that I hold near to my heart. I had a jeep with un-polished aluminum wheels. Went to the snow for the weekend. When we got back I did not get to wash the Jeep down for a week, as we got home late and it rained all week. What ever they put on the roads had embedded into the rims.
    I tried everything that was over the counter and nothing worked, so I hit the net. I found these hard cotton bob`s and attached then to my rotary and used Zephyr Pro-40 . I also found that there was a local detail store that handled the whole thing. I attached the bob and spun it at 3800 RPMs you can see the results. I now offer this as a service as there is nobody in this area that offers this. I look for people with rims like this for that reason.
    I also found that putting some sealant helps to cut down on brake dust, and makes cleaning them much easier!

Oh and you did a great job on your rims!
    If you have interst in the cotton bob`s PM me!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have non-clear coated alum wheels (Team III products). They are a maintenance item, but for your application on an RV, I would highly recommend a product called Zoop Seal (www.zoopseal.com) You will need to polish them prior to applying Zoop, but once you`ve done this, they will stay shiny for approx. 2 years. You can go to their web site and look at the application video.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet deal thanks for the information... i`ll check out those products. I can`t believe how much this site (and people) have to offer Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That pic of the dog is priceless

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the SSR1 or SSR2 from PB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beemerboy,
    Where did you find the cotton bobs which attach to a rotary? Did the vender have various sizes and fitments for drills?

By the way Pro-40 is a great product and one of my favorites.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha totoland, for some reason the first few times I looked at the dog I didn`t think anything about him having sunglasses on. For some reason it looks almost normal, lol, that`s classic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lwnwookie
    hahahahaha totoland, for some reason the first few times I looked at the dog I didn`t think anything about him having sunglasses on. For some reason it looks almost normal, lol, that`s classic.
    Thanks...she`s a real hoot! We got her as a pup from a Pitbull Rescue Group (the adults had to be put down because they were already fighters). I have a registered American Pitbull Terrier and the 2 of them get along like a Mom and Daughter. I am a firm believer that it`s the owner that makes an animal good or bad.

She also loves to ride in the Mach 1 with those glasses...creates a laugh everywhere I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    ERIC

I`ll get you the web site for the bob`s I can`t remeber at the moment. They have attachments for drills, rotarys, etc. They also come in all kinds of sizes and shapes!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information