Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions on process please help

Hi, everybody, I am new to detail city and look forward to some good help, looks like people pretty much know there stuff on here. This is my question, I am starting out in a fixed location and was wanting to offer a detail for around $100. My other competition is charging about this much for a wash, buff, and interior. They use rotarys however and I would rather use a PC. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do for this price that will do a good job of removing light scratches and swirl marks with a one or two step process. I am going to offer more in depth paint polishing at higher prices but want something to use that is simple and easy to work with for my $100 jobs. Is there something that will remove those fine scratches and provide a somewhat lasting wax in one product?? I am basically wanting to outdue the competition in quality of work which I can tell you is not that great from my competition. Thanks for any help and feel free to offer your advice or opinions on a process and on products. Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ryan,

You must have some quantity competition in the area. For a $100 detail, I would spend 3.5-4 MAX with one person. To me, this would include a thorough wash, claying, and an all in one (AIO) type product, like Poorboy`s Polish w/ carnuba (PwC). Of course, all the interior and exterior dressings.

As a possibility, push your higher-end details by saying something along the lines of, "This is what I can do to full restore your paint." i.e. no swirls, color brought back to life, etc....sure, any beater can be revitalized with PwC, but there`s only so much an AIO can do. As opposed to competing with your competition, offer what they do, and then more!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help and actually there are only 2 other detail shops in my city which is about 60000 population. there is one other guy that does a bang up job for 50 bucks and he has the business of the pontiac dealership!!! Definately a market for a good detailer only problem is not many people willing to spend the money but I guess that is everywhere. I guess I`ll find out, move into my shop this week but will take a little bit to get going. Any other product recomendations as far as pretty much everything from tires to interior would be helpful if you have the time, thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the entire Poorboy`s line to tell you the truth

Super Swirl Removers (SSRx)- in differentiating levels 1,2, and 3
    Final Polish--Pro Polish
    Leather and vinyl--Natural Look
    Trim--Trim Restore
    Tires--Bold n` Bright
    AIO--PwC
    Sealant---EX-P
    Topper--Natty`s

Most of this stuff is on his website, however, a few of those products are newer and aren`t up yet. Steve, a.k.a Poorboy, is a regular on the site too, so his help is only a few steps away.

Dwayne at our parent site www.premiumautocare.com, graciously gives us 10% off for being a DC member, and this month you can get free shipping with orders over $100.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks alot nick, I am compiling an order right now and plan to do my own experimenting in time but this will give me a quality start.

Thread Information