Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys EX, ssr Questions

Need some help. Whats the difference between EX & EX-P? Does the one with Carbanuba wax look better(on black)? do they both last the same amount of time? which one is easier to use?

I have a black G35, I`m wondering if SSR1 would be good enough to keep the swirls off my car, or if i need to get SSR2 or 3? For spot work i already have DACP.

Is it true that all these products can be used in the sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    EX will give you a warmer look.

EX-P has a clear reflective look to it and lasts longer than EX. They are both easy to use, and all PB products can be used in the sun. I wouldn`t use it on paint that is too hot to touch though.

Can`t say which would look better on your car, depends if you like the reflective, or warm look better.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eggroll
    EX will give you a warmer look.

EX-P has a clear reflective look to it and lasts longer than EX. They are both easy to use, and all PB products can be used in the sun. I wouldn`t use it on paint that is too hot to touch though.

Can`t say which would look better on your car, depends if you like the reflective, or warm look better.
    very good answer

and I`d suggest SSR2 and SSR1 which are both good follow-up s to DACP
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429

Re: Poorboys EX, ssr Questions

Originally posted by SOG35
    Need some help. Whats the difference between EX & EX-P? Does the one with Carbanuba wax look better(on black)? do they both last the same amount of time? which one is easier to use?

I have a black G35, I`m wondering if SSR1 would be good enough to keep the swirls off my car, or if i need to get SSR2 or 3? For spot work i already have DACP.

Is it true that all these products can be used in the sun?
    EX has a small amount of carnauba in it............ EX-P is a pure sealant (no carnauba). Both are easy to use.

I prefer products with carnauba in them on dark colors......... you may not. They both will probably look great.

SSR1, and/or SSR2 and/or SSR3 may get the swirls off............ and they may not. Depends on how bad the swirls are. If the SSR3 doesn`t get them off, you probably need to wetsand and buff with a rotary, or need a paint touch-up.

Yes, you can use Poorboy`s products in the sun............ within reason. Don`t use ANY products on an extremely hot surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss,
    I just want to thank you for taking so much time to help all of us here at DC.
    Your knowledge of products is unmatched.
    Thanks again!
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Boss_429
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    Boss,
    I just want to thank you for taking so much time to help all of us here at DC.
    Your knowledge of products is unmatched.
    Thanks again!
    kim,

Well............ there are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people here at DC.......... and a lot of great detailers.......... it`s nice to be considered one of the many!

Thanks for the kind words just the same!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: Poorboys EX, ssr Questions

Originally posted by Boss_429
    EX has a small amount of carnauba in it............ EX-P is a pure sealant (no carnauba). Both are easy to use.

I prefer products with carnauba in them on dark colors......... you may not. They both will probably look great.
    Boss, thanks for the tip, I went with the EX on my mom`s Civic. I didn`t have much time to clean the car (as evidenced by the trim and hubcaps), so I concentrated on the paint. I started with SSR2 and followed it with EX. I wanted to darken the paint to hide as many defects as I could, but I didn`t expect the car to come out so wet looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boss_429
    Looks nice ben54! That`s a good color for a carnauba wax, and a product that darkens the paint!

Thread Information