Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Auto Detailing DVD

Sometime in September 04 I will start shooting video for an auto detailing DVD that will cover both exterior and interior detailing geared mainly for the enthusiast/weekend warrior and then secondly to the pro.

I would love to have from you all here some input on things you all may like to see covered.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine Detailing. If I make a mistake on the exterior of the car, it looks bad. On the engine, it might not work.
    Experte credite: Illigitimati non carborundum

--
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be really cool if you recorded yourself (or someone) doing a full detail on one section of the car (like interior, exterior, or engine)

and then played it back at a fast speed... but slowing it down to the normal speed at important parts. ex. Watching you do an hour long engine detail in 10 min. I think that would be helpful for a lot of people.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sissy scratches" out by hand (since this is how I detail).
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought of doing a series? Say one on engine detailing, one on interior, one on exterior and perhaps one on swirl removal or perhaps one on technique for different procedures and different products?

You know far more about what all is involved in detailing than I do, but I would thing you could actually end up doing more than one or two. And if they are not too much, I`d buy them all!

Oh, and what an excellent idea too! This might just end up taking you into other areas... TV maybe - some detailing show or someting!!

And now we present Anthony Orosco in "This Old Car"!! That would be cool. You know we`d all be watching!

Please do keep us posted concerning this. It sounds really great.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions

This initial DVD will be an hour long and in that hour I will being going over the basics of detailing interiors and exteriors, trying to pay close attention to interior stains and how best to remove them. odor removal, leather care and if I can squeeze it in a section on concours type detailing for the avid enthusiast and pros.

Exterior will cover the hand washing, wheels, tires and then go into paint prep. Try to tackle swirls, scratches and then go over the pros and cons of high speed buffers and orbitals. Remember that this will be geared to the newbie amateur crowd mainly and a little more indepth stuff for the enthusiast/pro.

So TIME is key here and while this "might" turn into a 2 or 3 part series thsi first one is the trial run, and at $3500 for an hour DVD it is costly:bigscream it is costly. Not to mention the cost of copying the DVD`s, artwork (interactive DVD screen) and DVD jackets......phew!

I might cover some engine detailing but the main thrust of this DVD will be to help people get acquainted with the products, tools and their application.

If we get started early enough it will be ready for sale by Christmas 04

Thanks again,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    id like to see you go over wetsanding and buffing techniques? dont forget my copy for christmas

jason

Post Thanks / Like
    i think thats a great idea .. if you use stuff available in retail stores that would let viewers really learn how to get the most out of the products .. with some DETAILING SECRETS most people could get the results they want .most folks just dont know how to use these products correctly.. go for it.. some places are charging thousands of bucks to teach the basics & i think that is a ripoff
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    I will look foward to it and you can count on me to buy a copy as soon as available. Also I think that you could do one solely on exterior and mostly dealing with the finish. Most disscussion here at DC and elsewhere seems to be focused on the perfect shine. But people like myself ( and many others) have no access to watching a pro at work and explaining the techniques. I really struggle with trying to learn how to do this stuff and the chance to observe would help a lot. Heck, I`d pay good money for a video if you would just put your camcorder on a tripod while doing an exteroir detail and let it roll. 2 hrs of that would be an education in itself.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

I remember you, me, and Irene talking about this a couple months ago; I`m excited! Here is a sweet idea: Get Menzerna to back you and other companies since you can be plugging the names left and right. $3500 shouldn`t be hard to come by if you can prove your traffic following.

I`d be more than happy to help in whatever way possible
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jay
    id like to see you go over wetsanding and buffing techniques? dont forget my copy for christmas

jason
    Hey Jason,

I`ll deliver your copy personally for helping out

We most likely won`t do wetsanding on this DVD because it is geared for the amatuer first then the pro. I am sure I, nor Irene, wish to be liable for some guy sanding through his paint:bigscream

Originally posted by bigron62
    i think thats a great idea .. if you use stuff available in retail stores that would let viewers really learn how to get the most out of the products .. with some DETAILING SECRETS most people could get the results they want .most folks just dont know how to use these products correctly.. go for it.. some places are charging thousands of bucks to teach the basics & i think that is a ripoff

Well that would be a great idea but since Top of the Line is paying for me to do this plus footing the bill Irene only wants the products she deals with to be on the DVD, which is cool with me because I use a great deal of what she sells. I will go over lots of the Hi-Temp products, Menzerna, P21S and Klasse.

I will of course include some personal tips and tricks

Thanks,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TraderB
    I will look foward to it and you can count on me to buy a copy as soon as available. Also I think that you could do one solely on exterior and mostly dealing with the finish. Most disscussion here at DC and elsewhere seems to be focused on the perfect shine. But people like myself ( and many others) have no access to watching a pro at work and explaining the techniques. I really struggle with trying to learn how to do this stuff and the chance to observe would help a lot. Heck, I`d pay good money for a video if you would just put your camcorder on a tripod while doing an exteroir detail and let it roll. 2 hrs of that would be an education in itself.
    TraderB,

You will be happy to know that I am doing a god deal of the DVD with a wireless mic on me. This way I will explain what I am doing as I do it. I personally hate watching a guy polish a car and then having a voice over explain it, it is too sterile for my tastes.

If this DVD does well, as in a great interest we will do another one for sure. Perhaps going into more concours type detailing.

Nick,

I`ll let you know if there is anything you can help out with, appreciate the offer

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by keeotee
    Have you thought of doing a series? Say one on engine detailing, one on interior, one on exterior and perhaps one on swirl removal or perhaps one on technique for different procedures and different products?

You know far more about what all is involved in detailing than I do, but I would thing you could actually end up doing more than one or two. And if they are not too much, I`d buy them all!

Oh, and what an excellent idea too! This might just end up taking you into other areas... TV maybe - some detailing show or someting!!

And now we present Anthony Orosco in "This Old Car"!! That would be cool. You know we`d all be watching!

Please do keep us posted concerning this. It sounds really great.
    O man......that would be neat but then I wouldn`t get to detail many cars anymore if that were the case

Irene wants me to sign copies of the DVD but that`s just really ridiculous in my eyes

Thanks for the support!
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

I would like to see a vid on how to become proficient with the rotary. Your results are always stunning when you use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Irene wants me to sign copies of the DVD but that`s just really ridiculous in my eyes
    Anthony I couldn`t agree with you more....Each copy could have a dry white paste swoosh created by you by wiping each copy with an autographed series foam pad! Kind of like having your name as a symbol....Didn`t Prince try that?

Looking forward to this venture. What a fantastic opportunity! Good luck and continued success!!!

........This could lead to your film career! Staring in a role similar to Anachrophobia except a hardened Detailer with Rotary in Hand! ...add in a little Jack Nicholson..."Honey. I`m Home"and you got yourself an Academy award nomination!!!! :dj

Anthony...please check you PM
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 06-14-2004 at 03:58 AM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information