Post Thanks / Like

UPP bonding or not: How to tell?

Let`s say I apply it over a surface containing oils, or carnauba. How can I tell it`s not bonding? How do I know it`s ok or not?
    Thanks
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Boss_429
    jgv,

Good question, and probably extemely difficult to answer. I would guess that the only way you would be able to tell is if the UPP doesn`t seem to last as long as it should. On the other hand, it`s probably difficult to tell when it`s lost its stuff anyway.

I know, not much of an answer, but it`s all I could come up with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got kick`d out of a forum because a person who tried UPP didn;t follow the directions. This person put it on top of Zaino and then said it only last`d a week and just bash`d UPP.(He was a (Zaino freak)...
    Anyway I told him he need`d to strip all his layers put Platinum pre cleaner and then UPP. Also he didn`t wait an hour or 2 after applying UPP and he layer`d it after about an hour.
    Anyway he and I got into.... and a week later Im off of the forum.

I would just say it doesn`;t bond well and won;t last as long..Dwayne can give a more detail`d "why"....But i have always started from scratch when using UPP..
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the weekend I tried a new combination, Meg`s #5 quick polish, UPC, UPP. The look was amazing! The sparkle and warmth was unbelievable. The reason I used the #5 was because I don`t think it has as many oils as say the #7. I figured the UPC would take care of any bonding issues. If I can resist putting another couple of layers on I will post in a few weeks about the bonding and durability of this combination. One things for sure, the #5 definately added to the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO at JeffBruce. You seem like one of the nicest guys here, can`t believe you got booted from a forum. We all know that technique is more important than having every product and that one good layer done properly is better than 10 layers done improperly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I can see JeffBruce like a knight in a shining armor defending UPP

My question is important if one wants to test products, like, for example the first guy who tested it over AIO, how did he knew it bonded ok? even if after a couple of weeks the UPP was gone because of un-proper bonding, it would still bead cause of the AIO.

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, JeffBruce...
    20% discount with an attitude!!! As most of you know I am NOT a Zaino fan, there are plenty of products out there that are just as good without all the rules, regulations, and fuss.
    Good goin Jeff!!!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Zaino too, but if not use`d correctly .....and then it doesn`t perform like you want, please don;t bash the product ......

Someone here got me start`d on AIO then UPP...very good combination....

Now when i use poorboys..(if it ever gets to the web site)..kidding..
    I will do some homework on technique and application and then go to town with it....i have a few vehicles line`d up already...

jeff

Boss_429
    I believe I remember Jeff`s "altercation" in that other forum. I thought Jeff handled himself very well.............. but didn`t take any crap!

I also agree that one should follow the manufaturers directions first, and then, if not satisifed, modifiy them as necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s nothing to be wrong on using the EX, now about the S&W, ... I`m still cautious when the car has more dust

Jeff, about your new 21% discount claim, today I got a supplier for some Eagle One products, 20/20 glass cleaner, never dull, A2Z wheel cleaner, all with a 30% discount, not to mention megs 40%, 1Z 25%+15%+10%... on the computer business I can hardly get 1.5% ... I`m thinking of selling my computer shop and dedicate all my time to detailing

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol Jeff...it`s on it`s way to Dwayne as we type away....it should be available to you by mid next week..holidays really screw up shipping
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    [i]

Jeff, about your new 21% discount claim, today I got a supplier for some Eagle One products, 20/20 glass cleaner, never dull, A2Z wheel cleaner, all with a 30% discount, not to mention megs 40%, 1Z 25%+15%+10%... on the computer business I can hardly get 1.5% ... I`m thinking of selling my computer shop and dedicate all my time to detailing [/B]
    I wonder if Dwayne reads your postss...especially this one!!!
    jeff

Thread Information