Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Poorboy`s Products?

well, today im gonna go to pakshak, and im pretty sure that they are a poorboys dealer. anyways, i was wondering, is there anything in poorboy`s line that stands out in its class? something that you guys particularly like? rite now, i have the ssr2 and the srr1.

Post Thanks / Like
    The entire Poorboy`s lineup is a winner (I think I have every product!). However, a few products are somewhat unique: Spray and Wipe, Trim Restorer, and Pro Polish. Some other standouts are Bold n Bright, Polish with Carnauba, EX/EX-P, and Natty`s Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    The product that I like the most is Spray and Wipe. Nevertheless, his whole product line including MFs are top notch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m showing some of PB products here to some of the local detailers. The ones that I have selected that I think are steller.

Trim Restoer
    S&W
    Pro-polish
    Polsih-w- carnuba

I`ve not found any others that compare in anyway better!!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    His vinyl and leather cleaner is awesome as well
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, im pretty interesting in the trim restorer. the trim on my car is horrible, and i need something to bring back its color. will the trim restorer do that for me?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the trim restorer and I love it. I`ve also used the pro polish and the EX and the spray and wipe and I think they are most excellent. I haven`t had a chance to use the bold-n-bright yet, though I have it and I have the... I`ve got a whole lot of the Poorboy`s line. I really like them a lot.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my order of trim restorer today and i think i`m hooked. Even spoke with Steve and he told me "a few drops goes a long way"... I must say, I wasnt too impressed at first, but then after some shaking the stuff is great. I cant wait to see how long it lasts. Is TR good for engine plastics?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve posted this in another thread, but it certainly bears repeating. I put the trim restorer on a week ago and it still looks great. It got hit with some rain and then washed and I simply didn`t need to apply it this past weekend. I had been using the Mother`s back-to-black and would have to reapply after it rained or was washed. I really like the stuff!

Like our mother`s would always say... Nevermind what`s in it, it`s good for you!
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    hmm, im pretty interesting in the trim restorer. the trim on my car is horrible, and i need something to bring back its color. will the trim restorer do that for me?
    If your trim is textured, Trim Restorer should perform very well for you. If you have smooth trim, you may be better off with Polish with Carnauba or SSR1.

Post Thanks / Like
    oddly, polishing/waxing/buffing the trim just seems to stain it, so im trying to look for an alternative solution

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    oddly, polishing/waxing/buffing the trim just seems to stain it, so im trying to look for an alternative solution
    Is you trim textured or smooth?

Polish with Carnauba and SSR1 should not stain trim if they are properly applied and buffed.

Post Thanks / Like
    huh? what do you mean by smooth or textured. im assuming that my trim is smooth, but im not sure. could you explan what it means plz, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Move your hand over the trim, does it feel rough? Does it look like it has an uneven surface? If it smooth like paint almost (but plastic) then you can use the glossiness of SSR1 or PwC

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, i just felt it,and its not rough. at the same time, its not really that smooth (not nearly as smooth as paint), but im not too sure. ill try applying some ssr1 to a small portion right now.

edit: i applied a small portion of the ssr1 to the trim, and instantly, the applicator that i was applying it with turned black. i did see a slight improvement in the trim, however im not quite sure if thats the result im looking for. when i tried to take the ssr1 off with a microfiber cloth, it seemed that it didnt really have an effect, like tehre was nothing to take off. it also looked as if it was unevenly spread around. any other ideas?
    Last edited by zesty-man; 03-29-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information