Thread: PwC with a PC?

Post Thanks / Like

PwC with a PC?

Is it recommended? If so can anyone give instructions?

My plan is SSR1, PwC and EX-P.

I now have 2 layers of EX-P on the car and want to strip it and start over. Looking for the perfect finish I guess and willing to try different approaches.

I was going to use PP but it seems it is more difficult to use than PwC. True?

Car is a 2003 Silver Accord

Thanks
    D

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PwC with a PC?

Originally posted by Dalton
    Is it recommended? If so can anyone give instructions?

My plan is SSR1, PwC and EX-P.

I now have 2 layers of EX-P on the car and want to strip it and start over. Looking for the perfect finish I guess and willing to try different approaches.

I was going to use PP but it seems it is more difficult to use than PwC. True?

Car is a 2003 Silver Accord

Thanks
    D
    If you want to emphasize the cleaning properties in PWC by all means apply it with the PC and a yellow polishing pad.

While PWC is a bit easier to work with initially, PP isn`t bad at all once you get the hang of it. I find that the key is to use very little and allow it to dry FULLY before removing.

I can`t remember what color your car is, but for optimum clarity on a light colored car(or any color I guess) I would opt for the PP just before EX-P.

For a glossy wet look I would use SSR1 then EX-P.

You can`t lose either way.

ps- I have NOT used EX-P so really my knowledge with the product lies only in the prep products.

EDIT* Sorry I didn`t see where you stated the color of your car.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EBP. Appreciate it. Do I work the pp til its dry or work it then let it dry?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would apply pwc by pc, just remember that with either pwc and especially PP a little goes a looooooonnnnnnggggg way. I think applying by pc definetly helps to bring the paint to life. I also like the look of pwc on light colors and I really like the clarity that the ex-p brings to it. PP is also great but I think the carnuaba in the pwc really adds to the look of the combo.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    I work it until it is almost clear, then allow it to dry.

I have also worked it it is completely gone, then removed what tiny bit was left.

I prefer the first way. I do about half of the car, them remove. If it is humid I wait a little longer.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    with a pc you can pp or you can pwp our you can exp but........

I use sparingly. I apply to either the paint or the applicator, doesn`t matter as far as I can see, I run the pc at about 5 or higher and I tend to work it in pretty good.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by elortt
    I would apply pwc by pc, just remember that with either pwc and especially PP a little goes a looooooonnnnnnggggg way. I think applying by pc definetly helps to bring the paint to life. I also like the look of pwc on light colors and I really like the clarity that the ex-p brings to it. PP is also great but I think the carnuaba in the pwc really adds to the look of the combo.

Eric
    Thanks Eric. What speed with PP and PwC? Also til they are dry or just work them in, let them dry and wipe off?

Is the proiper order SSR1, PP or Pwc the EX-P?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you really need the PP with the SSR1 and PwC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I work PP and Pwc @ about 3.5. Work it in, and then wait for it to dry before buffing off. Especially with the PP or it just smears around.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread folks!
    I`m still learning and these really detailed usage tips for PP and PWC really help. I was hoping to jump on my black thing tomorrow and it is supposed to rain...so I really appreciate the comments on humidity.
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    If I apply the PwC with a pc and then apply EX-P with the pc will the EX-P remove or change the effect of the PwC? Or is it advised to apply the EX-P by hand over the PwC?

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P over PwC won`t change the Pwc, because the EX-P is so clear it will take on the characteristics of Pwc and the results will look warmer.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dalton
    If I apply the PwC with a pc and then apply EX-P with the pc will the EX-P remove or change the effect of the PwC? Or is it advised to apply the EX-P by hand over the PwC?
    I apply PwC by PC with a polishing pad at speed 4.5 followed by EX-P by PC with a finishing pad at speed 3. If i decide to add a second coat of EX-P, I will wait about 24 hours then apply by hand using a PVA applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are trying to keep the carnuaba depth of PWC then I would apply by hand. the added heat / friction COULD remove some of the pwc, the surface would still be polished but the carnauba may be gone. If you are going by pc I would use the softest pad you have. Ex-p goes on and off so easily it is almost faster to do it by hand IMO

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both

Thread Information