Post Thanks / Like

Used P/C for the first time...

Since I`ve been using a GEM R/O for over 15 years, the P/C is a totally new beast for me.

Since I`m waiting on TOTL to ship my pads, I used the pad supplied with the P/C to do a little playing. The first `victim` was my neighbor`s white Explorer. Seems she had a blonde moment and backed up into the plastic mirror of another car. Besides a nasty crease in the sheetmetal, there was a now a black line running the length of the truck.

I used Meg`s # 82 by hand to remove the mark, then applied some to the buffer to `clean things up.` Even on the lowest speed setting, the P/C flies compared to the GEM. When I cranked it to `4` WOW. The truck now had a really good looking strip (except for the crease) about 8" wide and 5` long.

`Victim` #2 was the hood of the wife`s Jeep. More #82, speed at 4.5 and wow! The hood hasn`t been that smooth in quite some time. A good 85-90% of the swirls/scratches are gone...I think I could have used either a more aggressive pad, or product and gotten all of them out.

The light weight, and manuverability of the P/C is great. I can`t wait until my days off, and the new pads are in to do my car.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, speaking of your new toy, maybe someone here can tell me (us) the difference in the pads available for this machine. I got 6 pads when I bought mine, pads were about 1" thick. I placed an order with AUTO MAGIC last week and the pads they sent were about 3" thick, big difference. (same diameter) also the color match for cutting/finishing/polishing was different. the black pad I got when I bought my PC is for finishing, now the AutoM black is for cutting. anyone have thoughts on this, and were is the best place to buy pads >
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

wayne
    There is no "standards" on colors for pads.
    It would be great if there was a standard "color code" within the industry..., it would make things a lot easier- especially if you have pads from several different company`s.
    The difference in pads is the PPI(pores per inch).
    For example, a 50pi pad is for cutting, a 100ppi pad is for finishing/fine polishng.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

I am new to the forum and was wondering what the product name for Megs #82 was. I did not see it on their website. I found a page of acronyms on the forum but it didn`t have #82 listed.

Thanks

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Professional Swirl Free Polish, I believe

wayne
    Swirl Free Polish

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    JH50:
    Welcome to DC!
    Many Meguiar`s products are not shown on their web-site or in the consumer catalog they mail out periodically.
    Check an autobody suppy store or a full line auto parts store for the Professional Surface Care Product Guide. It has the professional line and the detailers line of products in it. Lots of good stuff.

Charles

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wayne
    There is no "standards" on colors for pads.
    It would be great if there was a standard "color code" within the industry..., it would make things a lot easier- especially if you have pads from several different company`s.
    That would be nice! I`ve got three different manufacturers pads and they all differ in color/use.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    The Swirl Free Polish is on the Meguiars web-site under `Professional Products-Polishing`
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information