Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Im new to mobile detailing, Can you guys elaborate more on MAINTAINCE PACKAGES
    What do you do for this? What are some basic fees you charge, do you collect up front
    Thanks
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    i refer to maint as services done between fulls to keep vehicle in top notch condition. these services can very from car to car. prices very as well. anything, but a full, is basically a maint service.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wash and wax (MAINTENANCE DETAIL) is my bread and butter. First let me tell you we require $95 or more per stop. Some vehicles we do monthly for as low as $55 but they better have a second vehicle or we can`t stop there to do it.

To date we brought in almost $7,000 in maintenance detaling alone.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there`s plenty of great advice on this page and I`m soaking it in as well.

I faced a similar problem last year in that I didn`t feel that doing regular washes/waxes was worth my time. Supply and demand is the American way.... If your service, in this case the wash/wax package is in high demand, you can afford to raise the price. I was scared to death when I did this thinking people would not be interested, but I have to charge what my time is worth. Long story short....I raised the price on my wash for new clients and it worked out well. I may spend more time on each car, but I make what I consider a very fair amount for my efforts. When someone inquires, I explain in detail everything that I`m going to do on their vehicle....and it usually sells.

Thanks everyone...from a business perspective this is one of the best threads I`ve read here in quite some time. You gotta love DC.
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ringo
    If your service, in this case the wash/wax package is in high demand, you can afford to raise the price.

When someone inquires, I explain in detail everything that I`m going to do on their vehicle....and it usually sells.

This is an interesting view of the detailing market. The time to raise your prices is when you realize that you have a high demand for your service. This is very true for both full details and wash/n/wax services.

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    20:80 - DEFINATELY. Now lets squeeze some more bling from them. Expand you services i.e. headlight restoration etc. Get known at car clubs when you`re happy with the quality of your work. Break into a scrapyard at night and experiment on the various surfaces, hey, the owner might even let you in! Try not to back yourself into a marketing corner. What if the weather turns etc? Less washing, more restoration. No point going toe-to-toe with other mini-detailers. Eventually price will dictate and this usually occurs after you`ve stopped meeting the mortgage. Hope this opens up some new doors for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: no more wash and wax services?

mirror,

Have you considered doing the 3-4 yearly details, AND doing weekly washes for them to maintain their cars???

Or does that not work? Wouldn`t they still want both?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think MirrorFInishMan will be answering your post. He was banned a while back. Just wanted to let you know, so you didn`t think you were being ignored.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: no more wash and wax services?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt doctors
    i gotcha, i`m mobile so alot of the time i have to travel, so i can only do 1 per hr or less sometimes.
    My "real" job is electrical contracting. When we have a service call, we have a "truck charge" which is up to 1 hr ($60). Usually we charge $30 for the drive. You may want to charge for the drive. It`s pretty standard for all the trades (electric, plumbing, etc.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information