Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a snake bite today!

Here it is and a pic of the snake that bit me too!

Here is the cobra that bit me.

The exaust is hot and i`m not too bright sometimes.
    This car was a plesure to drive for a while today. The 427 is truely amazing. Even though it wasn`t an original and only a kit car it was still a blast to drive and a beautifull car.

My next job

Man my life it tough this week!

The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    F*** YAH!!! I love those cars.
    Someday, someday, I will have one...
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koop....you`re having way too much fun!!! Lucky dog! Nice work, they look great.

Check out factoryfive.com. They are widely considered the creme of the crop when it comes to Cobra kit cars. Pretty reasonable prices too.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m jealous, I want a snake bite like that...LOL
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a lot worse today. It`s all blistered and full of puss. Oh well it was worth it. The cobra was the only one of those i touched too just so ya know. the 944 is for tomorrow and the celica i did some minor body work on and didn`t wash or detail at all.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a guy around here that just got a 1969 Shelby eleanor clone in from Sanderson Sales. I wish he would let me detail that baby.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five is actually considered to be the dregs of the Cobra kit industry. I`ve done tons of research on these and have actually assisted in building one. Factory Five is like the Zymol of the cobra kit area. It is very well marketed and very over hyped. If Factory Five was my only option then I would wait for another option before I bought one. I`m a big fan of Shell Valley kits. Those are the best ones I`ve seen. Lone Star Classics is another great one. There is a company called Kirkham that makes the parts for Shelby himself and their kit is actually the most accurate. They took their measurements off an original Cobra and have all their parts manufacured to exact specifications. The cars you can buy from Shelby in Vegas are actually cars whoes parts are manufactured by Kirkham. Including the aluminum bodies. Pretty impressive operation. Tubular kits suck. Ask any enthusiast.

Was that a real 427 in that kit? That would be something else. We put a blown 351 in the one I helped with and that thing was a monster. I can only imagine what it would be like to drive one with a real 427 in it. It would probably scare the hell out of me. Do you know which kit that one is?
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blinded may have some less than practical ideas sometimes, but I agree with the kit thing. There is a guy in my old neighborhood who built those things for a living. He loved the Shell Valley Cobra. He used to show me websites and magazines where they went off on Factory Five for being cheap and poorly designed. For the guy looing for the ultimate bolt on for their 5.0 then its a great kit. If you want a collectible that will win shows then there are other kits that are a little more true to life.

I loved seeing his cars when he was finished with them. He put a lot of time and love into those cars. Someday when I`m rich and famous I`ll sell my `````in camaro and build one of those. I`m not shaving the mullet though. If there is one thing chicks dig more than mullets then its a Shelby Cobra.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Blinded

Was that a real 427 in that kit? That would be something else.
    Yes! It was a real 427! I wish i could have opend her up. I felt so caged. But it`s not my car so i treated it well.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    man koop, you`re a lucky dawg! there was a cobra at the scca autocross this month. everytime the guy stepped on the gas, you could see his passanger`s head snap back. it sounded sick (good sick, not bad sick) too.

kit or not, it`s sweet................

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be happy your SCCA autocrosses have cars like that. The best car we get around here was a Silvia S15 (240SX American Model, but this was a car brough over from Japan). And that car flew! It was absolutely amazing to watch it, but it will never have the prestige of a 427 Shelby Cobra.

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey tassadar, there`s some pretty cool cars at the autocross. me and friend of mine are threatening to get a car to race. not sure what car i would want to race. well that i could afford anyways.

some pics from the autocross from their site.

http://lee.jeepaholics.com/AutoX-03/Apr13/Apr13.htm
    http://www.perfpowder.com/autox/4-13-03/pics.html

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Blinded
    Factory Five is actually considered to be the dregs of the Cobra kit industry. It is very well marketed and very over hyped. If Factory Five was my only option then I would wait for another option before I bought one.
    (snipped)

Yet another lesson for Natty. See, the marketing worked very well. It worked especially well on the guy who rented space in my Dad`s garage and had a Factory Five. He certainly had me convinced they were the way to go. Then again, I know about as much about those kits as I do about root canal and would probably be equally unsuccessful at trying to do either one.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have spent a lot of money on advertising in the right areas. Shell Valley really does have the best stuff to promote them. If you call them then they`ll send you a whole kit including a video that was shown on something like Monster Garage, or whatever was passing for Monster Garage back then, and it shows how they are built. They will walk you through their factory and everything. If you are in Nebraska then you need to check them out. They will also send you a comparison sheet that ranks theirs against the top 5 selling kits on the market based on cost and features. The thing that Factory Five doesn`t tell you is that half the things you want on the finished car isn`t included in the kit. Things like the doors and the trunk still need to be cut out of the fiberglass too. There are a ton of ways to mess a Factory Five kit up because they don`t send it ready to work on. Its fun to do the research if you are ever interested in doing something like that. You can have a powerful show winning kit built for less than $20,000. The resale value on a cobra with a 427 (that will probably bump the cost up a little beyond $20K) that is built from a Shell Valley or Lone Star kit is easily $80,000. Its a great investment and fun hobby.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want good Shelby Cobras?

http://www.sandersonsales.com/

Drool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information