Post Thanks / Like

Best Wash and Wax?

OK, you can tell I`m getting lazy because I have really been wondering lately about what may be considered the best wash and wax on the market. Anyone got any opinions? I know DC is usually about doing it right, but sometimes it may be good to cut a few corners with the grass growing again. Cuts into detailing time!
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let the grass grow ...
    You need to decide what is more important a good looking yard or the best looking car on the block.
    Seriously ... what is best depends on you.
    My favorite wash is 4* Ultimate Car Shampoo
    For my light metalic cars I like 4* UPP
    For my darker cars I like NXT
    Sometimes I top them off with Meg`s #26
    I am sure there are better toppers out there but I want to finish off at least one product before buying something else,
    I still believe that it is the prep work before hand that makes all of the waxes and sealants look great.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    What I am pondering right now is which one step product like Zip Wax is considered the best. Actually it does seem that Zip Wax is the most popular but considering the depth of knowlege here at DC I am thinking there may be something really great out there. I know that this subject is most unlikely to be discussed at DC because as I said these forums are not about cutting corners.
    All things can be explained, it`s just that some things are harder to explain than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    My feeling is that if you prep your car and then apply UPP ... You will get through the mowing season with a good wash followed up with a wipe down with Final Detail. UPP seems to last a long time and it is easy enough to apply another coat after a wash if you want to.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    My feeling is that if you prep your car and then apply UPP ... You will get through the mowing season with a good wash followed up with a wipe down with Final Detail. UPP seems to last a long time and it is easy enough to apply another coat after a wash if you want to.
    My thoughts, as well.

But, you might want to try washing and then using EO`s Wax as U Dry. On a car with a good base of wax or sealant, it should do a pretty good job of keeping the vehicle looking good.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is what I am getting at Charles. I have great products to use... #9, AIO, UPP and will soon be using them. Well, I was going to use them today but after washing just decided to take the rest of the day off. So....... just occured to me that I could sort of have my cake and eat it too. At least for a little while. I didn`t want to work for the shine and figured that at times a good quality wash and wax might be a good thing. Looks like you fellas are not going to let me off the hook!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    All you need to do besides wash your vehicle is spray a little Wax as U Dry on while you are drying it. Unless you plan on letting it just air dry, it isn`t gonna get much easier and quicker than that.
    Unless your water is a lot different than ours, I don`t think letting the vehicle air dry is going to work out too well.
    Maybe one of those Mr. Clean wash & drip dry gadgets would be the answer. (I don`t really believe that.)

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used it but Einzett Perls shampoo sounds good. It leaves a polymer protection with the wash. I guess in Europe people like the easier products and don`t have the space, time, or resources to detail like many of us. So they like products like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t get enough of Mullet Wax`s Awesome Wash n` Wax. I have 14 different washes in stock now, and this is my "reserve" shampoo. Has an absolute ton of suds, smells great, and will actually re-sud itself with agitation, and I`m not talking suds for only 30 seconds either. My other favorites are Adam`s Polishes Wash n` Wax and Zymol`s Blue Concentrate (easily the best smell).

I have been working with Poorboy on their new shampoo, and all I can tell you is WATCH OUT!! Thus far, it has the best lubrication out of any soap I`ve used.....which makes me think/feel that when I wash my clients vehicles a month after a full detail, it will be safer and less resistant to scratching.

While smell and color don`t seem like big factors....believe me, when it comes to marketing, they are!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, I am not to likely to get a Mr Clean Wash & Drip either but am thinking that if I use a wash and wax or wax as you dry that it might pay to have a water filter to rinse with. I saw one at Walmart in the RV section (not all Walmarts have an RV section) But it was around $18 and I figured I would try to find out a little more about them first. Also some other great suggestions on brands of wash and wax. To point out one thing, I know someone who does a quick detail that is a wash with Zip Wax, scrub tires with Greased Lightning, towel dry and wipe down with Meguiar`s Quik Detailer, vacuum, wipe interior and windows and routinely gets $100 for this. It usually takes about an hour and a half. So, it may make sense from an income standpoint also to know some good wash and wax products. I have to admit that as far as doing detailing for money that is about as far as I am interested in it at this point.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wash and wax shampoo, won`t they interfere with the bonding if you want to put on topper like S100 etc?

Another question, I saw people describe some car shampoo as leaving a gloss finish, what exactly was left behind to give the glossiness?
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    circus1, thanks for your reply
    I think it is correct that a wash and wax product could interfer with a topper especially if someone is going with something top quality such as S100. My concept is the wash and wax is the topper, for example a couple of coats of AIO and from then on just use a good wash and wax product. It does appear that a true wash shampoo could not enhance gloss. It may clean the surface better than a cheap product and therefore bring out the existing gloss. But even so Meguiar`s Gold Class carwash claims to enhance the optics so go figure. A lot probably has to do with advertising!

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought 2 bottles of BMW Autowash last Saturday which many suspected is Sonax in disguised. I washed my car on Sunday morning, wow good lubricity,lots of suds with a bit of orange/lemon scent....my mum asked me have I waxed my car again as my car looked freshly waxed .I can say it`s definitely not from the wax I used previously (Meg Deep crystal carnauba) coz there wasn`t any more beading when I sprayed water on d car before washing.

Superb stuff, there`s 4 more bottles left, I might go get them all, hahaha
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Thread Information