Post Thanks / Like

Need some advice

I autox a bunch, and recently I`ve been having a real tough time getting the cone marks off my car, especially the black coloured ones. What products would you guys recommend? So far I have been having a rough time trying to use Klasse all-in-one.

After being able to remove some of the marks, I found that they left some scratches behind, nothing deep but definitely noticeable when looked for. What would you guys recommend?

Also, I was thinking of buying a PC, what model is recommended? Furthermore, can anyone give me a brief overview of the use of the different pads?

Anyway I really appreciate any help that can be given to me, I`m really new to all of this. Thanks a bunch.

-tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Poorboy`s Professional Polish would work if it was able to clean up the Porsches mentioned in that thread.

I`ve only autox`d once, but when I did I was afraid of cone scuffs. Advice I read was to put a coat of wax on the day before or something.. I loved it, which is why I only did it once -- can`t afford to buy new tires all the time

This is the PC that is recommended, or the 7336. Essentially the same machine, just different accessories and the 7424 comes with a 5" counterweight while the 7336 comes with a 6" counterweight. This page explains what a counterweight does and the difference between the two models. The pad that comes w/ the 7424 isn`t supposed to be as good as aftermarket ones, so you`ll probably want new ones right away.

This page, at the bottom, shows the difference between the various foam pads. Keep in mind that colors aren`t necessarily consistent across manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=14421

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...1430487&page=1

2 Highly recommended sites that you should look over. There are lots of other links there that you should read. Welcome to being a crazy detailer!

Poorboy`s pro polish will work fine with a terry cloth and alot of elbow action! If AIO you will need some abrasiveness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much! I`ll be sure to put some time away tomorrow to read through all of those. Anyway thanks for doing that , that`s the most concise help I`ve ever received.

-Tim

Thread Information