Post Thanks / Like

stains out of Ford seats

I love fords. I will never buy anything but a ford, but i work at a ford dealership besides my own business but we are having problems getting stains out of the fabric in explorer sport seats and ranger seats. it is like a nylon or polyester. I have an 01 Explorer Sport and i am afraid to get anything on the seats because i can`t get it off. This is for Fords newer seats.

Please Help
    Get her done!

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone said Ford? lol

What all have you tried to clean the seats with? I find the tight weave on seats to be pretty difficult to get some stains out of. I normally use PRO`s Seat Belt cleaner on stains on fabrics with a tight weave. I apply it, friction scrub, and then suck the residue out with an extractor. I keep repeating until the stain is removed as best I can.

Prevention might also be a good choice. Look into applying a fabric protector like Scotch Guard or PRO-Gard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486
    Someone said Ford? lol

What all have you tried to clean the seats with? I find the tight weave on seats to be pretty difficult to get some stains out of. I normally use PRO`s Seat Belt cleaner on stains on fabrics with a tight weave. I apply it, friction scrub, and then suck the residue out with an extractor. I keep repeating until the stain is removed as best I can.

Prevention might also be a good choice. Look into applying a fabric protector like Scotch Guard or PRO-Gard.
    I`d also try DM Spot Remover. It`s never failed to get out a stain except for red ones. I haven`t used seat belt cleaner but have heard really good things about it. Once it`s cleaned, I second using a stain gaurd. Also, brake cleaner works pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what the stain is!!

I have had luck with cleaning seats using various different products! I use a lot of products that are not made spcificly for cars....

Oxy clean
    Orange Clean
    Hair Spray
    Break Clean
    Shout (they make a stain stick kind of thing)

And a tooth brush (I love my trusty tooth brush) and no its not the same one I use daily.

If you go into the tooth brush isle of any drug store ect. there are 3 types of tooth brush bristles! Soft, Medium and Hard. I have one of each for detailing

The hard one is great for small stains on seats.

I have even thought of using color safe bleach ... but i am not sure I want to take that kind of risk!

There is also a product called Red wine out that is great for getting rid of red stains (not only wine) blood ect... fruit punch

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input but i am still looking for more. There is a upolstry guy that comes to my dealership and he got some magic juice in an unmarked bottle and won`t tell nobody what it is but it works awesome. boy what i would give to know what is in that bottle.

keep `um coming
    Get her done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Focusdonsound- i agree i have had similar luck with most of the stuff you have used . WATCH THAT BREAK CLEANER though that stuff is no joke. when i fixed cars and not cleaned them i used to use break cleaner alot and i know what that can do. But im glad to hear im not the only crazy one whos actually tired it.
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ohsoclean
    Focusdonsound- i agree i have had similar luck with most of the stuff you have used . WATCH THAT BREAK CLEANER though that stuff is no joke. when i fixed cars and not cleaned them i used to use break cleaner alot and i know what that can do. But im glad to hear im not the only crazy one whos actually tired it.
    Very true!!! As a matter of fact break cleaner will melt most nylon bristled brushes!! Along with many other things so you need to be careful with it...Its a very costic product so its to be expected!

Like everyone here says find what works for you and stick with it! I think that the most important thing (when dealing with heavy stains and such) is to take your time...I know when trying to rush things you can do more damage than was already done in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not go to a janitorial store near you with the vehicle in question. See what they carry to help you remove the stain

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by shotime
    I`d also try DM Spot Remover. It`s never failed to get out a stain except for red ones. I haven`t used seat belt cleaner but have heard really good things about it. Once it`s cleaned, I second using a stain gaurd. Also, brake cleaner works pretty good.
    I thought DM was Aratari`s in-house brand.

Lot`s of good advice in this thread.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    not to beat the dead horse but that break cleaner will also discolor plastics. I once had someone tell me they used it to clean windows. I found it hard to believe because it evaporates so quick. too risky to be spraying anywhere near paint too.

also go to the locoal super market. in the cleaning isle near laundry detergent there are odd shaped bottles . yellow, white caps and blue lables on the with "CARBONA" writtin out in white. each bottle and there are many is for diffrent stains. speghetti sauce. blood, wine , milk, dirt , grease,oil, grass . even bodily fluids haha. Anyways they make others too. These little bottles of cleaner work. and they work well i dont care what anyone says. i cleaned up a front end damaged car that had been in an accident. the shop fixed it and sent it up to me. there were little blood drops on the matts and seat (rubbergloves) were in full use dont worry. Either way i got it out in less then a minute and the car sat inthe sun and cold for a year. pretty good stuff. I cleaned a catering fleet of vans. sauce stains , gravy, you can eat it it stained it. before extracting i used very little on the big stain spot and they came out better then new. try them. i think theyu are $3.83 a bottle. but you dont use much and its worth it . just thought id let everyone in on something thats worked for me and i sear by.
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Thread Information