Post Thanks / Like

What is a good mobil generator?

hey What do you guys recomend for a good mobil generator??? I will be running the mytee light, porter cable, makita rotary and a vac n blo... not all at once thou Where can i order online and what model do you guys recomend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Honda 3000 EU. It is whisper quiet, which may be a priority depending on where you will be detailing. Yamah makes a similar unit, and they also have a 2800 Watt generator that weighs only 64 lbs. I do not know if the Yamaha model has sufficient watts/amps for the Mytee lite.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...819134491&rd=1
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    how much doeas the honda 3000 eu cost????? also where can i get one from?

Post Thanks / Like
    honda eu3000i around $1500 if you try hard, but easily $1800 at northerntools.com
    "A Auto Detailing"
    Charlotte, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    3 cheers for the Honda generator. Noise will be an issue for you almost anywhere you work and Honda is the quietest (sp?) I have seen or heard. You may also want to consider some sort of `baffle box` to cover the genset and reduce the noise even further if you have problems.
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats up FiveOH?
    I use a Honda EU 5000. Cost me about $2000 at a honda epuiptment dealer. I use a big gen because I use a electric pressure washer that draws 4500 surge watts at 30 amps. Also, with the bigger generator, I can run my extractor, an orbital, and a vac at the same time. Makes good sense if you have more than yourself working at the same time. If you`re by yourself, go with a smaller one, you`ll enjoy reduced noise. Honda`s are awesome though. There are alot of other brands besides Honda that use the honda motor and are a bit cheaper.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like

denverdetail

Good advice !!! I would love to see your set-up !!! I`ve been detailing mobile since 2001, and I have made some major changes to my equipment/set-up to be more time efficient. I bet that you have made some changes as you went on to be more efficient also.

BTW... FiveOhMustang ... The extra money is well worth it for a generator. My first 2 years I had a 5000 watt Coleman that sounded like a Boeing 747. I hated using it, and avoided using it at all costs.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is a good mobil generator?

Im gonna run a mytee lite a PC and a shop vac one at a time. The question Im asking is do I have to get a 3000 watt generator or can a 2200 do this job? Ive got 700 to spend any sugestions

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Honda EU line , either the 2000 or 3000 . Super quiet and great running equipment . If your thinking about buying online make sure you check the shipping cost. The EU3000 cost around $2100 from my local Honda dealer , a lawn equipment dealer has them for $1900 . Personally I would rather buy from a local place only becasue if problems come up you can deal with local guys.
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What is a good mobil generator?

I have the yamaha yg2800i. I wanted an EU3000 Honda, but could not swing the extra several hundred dollars. I got mine from amazon.com. Believe it or not the shipping was only $9.99. So I paid about $1180.00 total. This thing runs quiet enough that you can carry on a conversation 10 feet away. I don`t know if it will run the Mytee. Keep in mind the 2800 watts is a peak rating. The generator is designed to run a max of 2500 watts continuous. Anyway I have run my 5hp Ridgid vac and the PC and the generator barely sounds like it has a load on it. If you are planning to work in office parks and such, people will definitely appreciate the quieter generator. I read reviews on a bunch of generators and the Yamahas and Hondas were always rated very high.
    I am stockpiling WMDs --- Weapons of Mass Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

My Honda 3000 EU runs the Mytee 8007 without hesitation. I have by accident ran the 8007 and an air compressor at the same time on a few occasions without any problems or soulds that the generator was straining. I would love to try the Yamaha and at $1200 its seeems to be a steel. It also weighs only 64 lbs !!! The Honda weighs 130 lbs.

Honda also makes a 2800 watt generator. I picked this generator up 2 weeks ago and only started it once. I bought it second hand and it seems to operate fairly quiet. I will try to run the 8007 with it and I will report back to you.
    No buff to tuff

Thread Information