Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 08-26-2012

Default Mothers Water Spot Remover Review

I have been using Mothers Water Spot Remover for a while now on glass during some of my details whenever I am reapply the wax/sealant.

It really helps clean up the glass. Until now, I really had not been able to show it working - before and after. I finally captured some images.

When you clean glass, you notice that when the surface it wet it can highlight water spots since the glass cleaner cannot wet the surface evenly. These water spots also show up when your wipers sweep across the glass so it can get annoying especially at night with headlight glare when raining.

My truck sits outside 24x7 so the glass always seems to get water spots on it. I suspect it is from all the trees nearby that drizzle on it when it rains.

I captured these today when I was cleaning the glass during the final steps but noticed the water drizzle had returned.

Technique: Apply an ample amount to a foam applicator or terry cloth applicator then work a small area (up to 6 to 12-in square for quicker results) with back and force motions with downward pressure. You need to apply some passion as you work it and the polish will start to dry out. You c an wipe the residue and then inspect the results. It may take more than passes to reduce or remove them. It cannot remove spots that have etched the glass.

You can do it by hand or even faster with a dual action oribtal. I have used 4-in and 5-in pads but just note it will dry out a bit faster so need to adjust amount of polish.

BEFORE

The glass cleaner on the surface reveals the water spots. The green in the background is from the trees with the truck in garage with a new coat of Mothers Carnauba Paste Wax.

AFTER

The glass cleaner now wets the entire surface. The small area with no cleaner is where I smudged it so I could focus on the reflection.

Conclusion: It can improve the clarity of glass!

Last edited by abnot; 08-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2012

Default Re: Mothers Water Spot Remover Review

Nice! Good job getting the focus to work for you!