Thread: rinse water

Post Thanks / Like

rinse water

Has anyone ever used one of the 1 gallon water pumps with distilled water to rinse your car after washing? You could ever use the pump that you would use to spray pesdicides... just pump and spray.

I figure it would be a good way to avoid drying and using the junkie Mr. Clean system.

Post Thanks / Like
    ranch4x4,
    I don`t think that would work too well. 1st of all I don`t think you could get enough flow out of one of them to rinse a car fast enough before the soapy water dries on the car. Second, all the effort you would have to put into pumping the darn thing would be the same amount of work as drying the car with towels. Third, you would have to buy distilled water over and over. Buy some microfibers and do it the old fashioned way.
    Just my 2cents!
    By the way, how come when you ask for help its a penny for your thoughts. And when someone gives you advise when you don`t ask they give you their 2 cents.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check on Autopia as this has been discussed. I think Jimmy Buffet does a final rinse using distilled water.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pressure sprayer will NOT give you the desired flow volume to sheet off the previous round of rinse water - in a past life I used to sell and repair them. However, a 24volt pump WILL throw enough water (these are found mounted with spray tank setups, you can buy them with different capacities) but is probably cost prohibitive for most one-man bands. Demineralized water will produce a spot free finish, this is produced by reverse osmosis not distillation (think whisky and tall towers down south ). I own a dark blue Mitubishi Magna/Diamonte (i`m saving for an Audi A4 Quattro, honest!) and I can rinse all suds and then final rinse with spot free and forget about it, no chamoi or mf. If I was paying for the work I would still expect a hand dried car. I wonder if compressed air and a suitable nozzle would be less work? Food for thought...

Thread Information