Post Thanks / Like

Car Alarm Question

Due to my most recent misfortune, I have decided to install an alarm system. Where is the best place to mount the adjustable shock sensor, or where have you put them? Any other install tips are more than welcome also. :headbang

Eric

--
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I cant help you with the alarm, but I can suggest a kill switch in addition to it if you really want to go all out.

You could do it your self. You just need a relay and wire. You can hook it up to anything relating to starting the vechicle, but the fuel pump is a good place for it.

The fun part is hiding the switch! People have done thinks like you have to turn on the rear defroster to turn the car on, and once its running, you can turn the defroster off. I`ve also seen a car where you have to hold down one of the buttons for the power windows in order to start the car.

Just an idea....

Post Thanks / Like
    www.the12volt.com

The best place to mount a shock sensor is going to be to the actual floor or structural piece of the car. Something that isnt going to change with various temps ect.

After its mounted you want to set its sensitivity! I recomend you don`t hook up the siren untill this is done! ... (when you set it off you will hear the relays going or see the lights flash... when your done then connect the siren and give it one more test and your done!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have worked for two of the biggest alarm manufacturers and shock sensor place depends on the brand. If it is a Directed brand i.e. Viper, Python, Clifford you should wire tie it to a large wire harness in a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do DO NOT take it to some AutoOne or Best Buy or some place like that. AutoOne did mine on the hatch and the Coupe and they are both messed up. The coupe was broken into and they took everything. My alarm siren wire was ran through my wheelwell so they were able to just reach in the wheel well and pull it. I took it to my buddy who owns http://www.fm-motorsport.com/catalog/ and told him to tell me everything that was wrong with my alarm. The first thing he showed me was how easy it would be to bypas my alarm and he did that in less than 3 seconds. So I am having him redo my entire system to make things a little harder along with switches in my hood and with a trunk switch of some sort.

Thread Information