Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Trio On A Maserati

Had some rain yesterday so I decided to detail this Maserati in an underground parking garage.

Put on some Stevie Ray Vaughn and a few smooth jazz Cd`s and went to work washing the car and then detailing the interior.

I like to do the interior first and when doing rag tops I always put the tops down (after drying them) as this gives me more light and more room to work with. I first polished the rear area or lid that rag top boot area as this area many times gets neglected because it is covered up by the top. These areas can get real dusty and grimy if left unchecked, also I vacuumed out the storage area where the rag top rests in when in the down position. This is also very important as any dirt left in there has the potential of scratching the plastic window.

I cleaned an dpolished this area with Poorboys Trio of SSR2, SSR1 and sealed with EX. All of this area was done by hand. Klasse Leather/Vinyl Protectant was used to dress the materials in this area.

Then we moved to the front area of the cockpit, cleaned the leather and vinyl with "Deep Down" and used Platinums Leather Conditioner for the seats but I left the rest of the interior natural.

Here is a tid-bit for those detailing rag tops. Always try and do as much of the area around where the tops rests while in its up position by hand while the top is in the closed position.....I hope that made sense:kneel Doing this will mean that you can then use your buffer at a safer distance from the top thus reducing the chance of hitting the rag top fabric with the pad, which is a real pain to remove

After you have polished and waxed this area open up the boot area that hides or covers the top and clean out the "gutter" areas. Lots of crud builds up in these places and can look real nasty, especially if the car is really clean but then when the top is being opened or closed you see all kinds of dirt and grime which then takes away from the whole detail job.

After buttoning up the top and closing the windows we then did by hand all the areas that the buffer would have a difficult time reaching. I again used the Poorboys #2 then #1 for these areas. Then came the buffing with the Menzerna Powergloss, which is just an awesome product as it leaves the paint super smooth with very little dusting. As a side not ehere, PG will dust up if left to dry on the pad and then re-used again later. To avoid this always rinse out your pad if left to dry.

After the PG treatment we then went around the paint with Menzerna Final Polish and then applied the Menzerna Glaze by hand. This was really easy to apply and also remove and it was my first time using it. Very impressed with it:mohawk

Because of the color I decided to top it off with P21S.

Now as I said before it was raining off and on as I was detailing this baby and I really wanted the sun out so I could get some nice reflections off the paint and then see just how the Menzerna Glaze really works! BUT I am rather pleased at how nice the pictures came out. The overcast skies gave the paint a very liquid look, or I should say that I believe it was the Menzerna Glaze that did it but the overcast skies enhanced or brought that look out even more.

I only got to take a few pictures before it started raining and I had to race the car back in under the garage so Ihave no interior shots

I hope you enjoy the pictures,
    Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Next one

Post Thanks / Like
    Next

Post Thanks / Like
    This last picture I really like as it gives the paint a nice liquid wet look, especially for a light metallic color as this.

Adios,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Work!

How long did that detail tkae you if i may ask?
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work Mr. Orosco.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking car Anthony :mohawk

That Menzerna I`m not yet sure if it`s what they call there the Finishing Touch Glaze or the FMJ. Hopefully Dwayne will tell witch one is yellow.

On the CMA site, the pictures from the glaze show a yellow color, so if that`s what they are using, it is the PO73 product they call FTG. If that`s a fact, what you have is the FMJ.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jgv
    Great looking car Anthony :mohawk

That Menzerna I`m not yet sure if it`s what they call there the Finishing Touch Glaze or the FMJ. Hopefully Dwayne will tell witch one is yellow.

On the CMA site, the pictures from the glaze show a yellow color, so if that`s what they are using, it is the PO73 product they call FTG. If that`s a fact, what you have is the FMJ.
    Now I am really confused:doh

The color of the product you sent me is white and not yellow so I wonder if the Euro versions are different colors than their US versions?

Well what ever it is I have it works great

Anthony

Boss_429
    As usual Anthony................. great work! That is a sweet color!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco
    Now I am really confused:doh

The color of the product you sent me is white and not yellow so I wonder if the Euro versions are different colors than their US versions?

Well what ever it is I have it works great

Anthony
    Anthony, what I`m sure of is that the product I sent you is the so called there FMJ. The FTG is the PO73 here, it`s a yellow product.

We will wait till someone puts his hands on that FMJ and tell how it looks and works. It would be nice if you could compare them both, then you could tell if it`s the same product or not.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to all for your compliments and I`m glad to know you all enjoy the car:cool

Thanks again,
    Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    FMJ is that the new sealant product?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job again Anthony---I wonder how many people you have turned onto Menzerna`s polishes? The past few details with that have been fanominal!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nickc0844
    Great job again Anthony---I wonder how many people you have turned onto Menzerna`s polishes? The past few details with that have been fanominal!
    Yeah Nick, that`s a good question, I wonder also?

Maybe the fine folks at Menzerna should sign me up on contract and sponser me.....Heck I work for cheap...just keep giving me new product!!:wait

Thanks for the compliments

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome.. I just used Menzerna power gloss compound yesterday and felt the same way. The stuff is unbelievable and takes out scratches with ease. I have the intensive polish and glaze but haven`t really used them yet. I`m still amazed how well the PG took out the scratches on my bro`s bimmer. What speed do you think is good for the PG w/ a PC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information