Post Thanks / Like

saturn insurance

i have a 2001 saturnsc2 coupe. i pay the most insurance on my car in my family with less coverage than everybody else. the insurance company says it`s because the saturn is more expensive to repair because of the plastic panels. is this true or a bunch of b.s. from the insurance company?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a little B.S.
    Do a little price shopping and compare coverage and rates from a few other companies.
    Nothing says they all have to be in the same price range and many of them are not. When I bought my Corvette, the company that insured several things for me was 75% higher than another major insurance company. Guess who I went with. They called later with a very competitive price, but I told them they weren`t there when I needed them and I didn`t need them now. I loved it.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, your age and driving record may be a major factor in higher premiums. Young males with a few tickets pay a lot of money for minimum coverage.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Sounds like a little B.S.
    Do a little price shopping and compare coverage and rates from a few other companies.
    Nothing says they all have to be in the same price range and many of them are not. When I bought my Corvette, the company that insured several things for me was 75% higher than another major insurance company. Guess who I went with. They called later with a very competitive price, but I told them they weren`t there when I needed them and I didn`t need them now. I loved it.

Charles
    well the thing is that our family gets a family discount. if i take my policy elsewhere by myself for quotes, their rates are more expensive than the one that i`m paying now. everybody in my family gets more coverage for less money even on more expensive cars & i can`t figure out why. they say that my car has those plastic panels & it`s more expensive to repair than other cars, but when i bought the car, i was lead to believe just the oposite.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Also, your age and driving record may be a major factor in higher premiums. Young males with a few tickets pay a lot of money for minimum coverage.

Charles
    i`m 41 years old. i was in a accident (my fault) 4 years ago, but right after that accident, my insurance company sent me a "accident forgiveness" "no premium raises because of accident" document. hmnn, i wonder.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that hard to beleive that plastic panels are more expensive than steel? Call another insurance company to get a quote and then when they do give you a quote ask them out of the blue "hey I heard ...yadda yadda yadda" see what they say. Or...call Saturn and ask them, I`m sure if it is untrue Saturn would be willing to call your insurance company to get it straightened out.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been with AAA for years until, I moved from San Jose to Sonoma County and started to work out of my home. Thinking HEY!! I don`t drive in a conjested area any longer and I do`t communte. Called AAA and they only where able to take off 150 bucks a YEAR!!!. I went to Costco they have insurance threw American Express and they saved me 350 a year with full coverage on two cars both at the time where 2000 models.

I found that once I told AAA that I was changing they started to jump threw rings of fire to keep my business. You might also try the same. I`m 49 wifes 37
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information