Post Thanks / Like

Stoners Trim Shine

I picked myself up some Stoners Trim Shine today because I heard about it being used on wheel wells. Usually they take me forever to apply dressing evenly to, never mind reaching in there. I used some SG on the wheel wells with no agitation just to clean them a little during the wash stage. When dry I sprayed the Trim Shine on and WOW! Usually those products out there that claim to give a great shine with no rubbing don`t work to well, but this really does. It applied evely with no agitation, great shine (but not overly shiney), and very easy to apply. A HUGE time saver. It is really one of the best new products I have tried in a while, and almost perfectly suited for this purpose.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trim Shine is absolutely awesome stuff. Untill I received PB`s BnB I used Trim Shine jsut about everywhere there was trim, including engine bays.

I WISH I had a picture of a late model V6 Explorer I used this stuff on. Litterally, the engine looked new.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 303 but im finding I try to use less each time because its so expensive I got it locally for 12.00 for the 14oz I believe or 12 cant remeber I like the natrual look of it espacially on Black.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stoners can says just spray on and walk away, but is that what you really do on an interior? Or do you spray it on a MF and then wipe down?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can spray and walk away, but it will be very glossy. So basically you can control the gloss by the ammount of buffing, and the absorbancy of the cloth (MF is more likely to give a satin look).

Post Thanks / Like
    what does the stuff smell like. ? 303 doent have a Scent I hear that 1Z Cockpit premium the stuff JGV uses it great in smell.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn`t smell to good. Not pleasant at all. As for the spray and walk away issue.. . its not for me because I just use it for the wheel wells. No need to control gloss there, just makes them look clean. I prefer 303 for my dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ic I got 303 Locally at the ACE Hardware store the one near me has alot of good detailing products actually They carry some of the Meguiars BSP line and lots of Simple Green and 303 Protectant and other stuff.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    never tried it on the inside, the aerosol would be quite messy. On trim I use it before polishing the paint and wipe it down at the end. I always hated how hard wheel wells to protect, now it only takes a few seconds and looks perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stoners smells a bit "aerosoly" or "industrial" for just a few minutes, then the smell disipates. It doesn`t stink.

I used it yesterday and I like it. I don`t generally use a dressing on my interior, but my truck is starting to show its age just a little (2000 Silverado). I sprayed it on a MF and wiped it on the interior pieces. Only problem I had was that the MF would soak up a good portion of the product and would wipe very little onto the surface. I used about a 1/3 of a can (along with wasting some while getting used to it). I`ll try one of my lint free cotton window cloths (or whatever they`re made of) next time.

It also came out a bit shiny for my taste even though the can said low lustre. I`ll have to try buffing it out a little. Overall good product. Expecially if it lasts on exterior pieces.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    rt, you might try spraying it onto a terry applicator, and then buffing it lightly with an MF cloth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also had this problem. The MF`s just soak up too much product. I use a washed terry (to eliminate lint) to apply all interior dressings. I then buff it to bring the shine under control.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use foam aplicators even better than terry. But the terry is more efficient. It can still smear a little bit though.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try that I have alot of those Pinnicle Wax Applicator things left around I need something that doesnt absorb the product and steal it rather something I can use all over the dash.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Thread Information