Post Thanks / Like

Pink Pages Advertising, CHEAP!

If you don`t know what the Pink Pages are, they are the yellow pages for the ``` and lesbian community.

I have a good friend from college who is a top notch marketing pro for a large firm. He told me to look into advertising in the Pink Pages because it`s demographic`s purchasing preferrences are within their own community. He told me that studies have shown that 75% of ```s use the book and will only utilize businesses within the book. Wow! I thought, what an opportunity. I checked out the book, had to go to the library to see one, it had no listings for any detailers. Wow, even better. I called their publishing co to get cost...Only $5/month for a one-liner - $60 for a whole year, sounds like a bargain.

My friend also said that over 30 U.S. cities have Pink Pages.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, nice tip there! And I`m in Denver as well. Still trying to get my act together though. Need an extractor before I can try to charge for services.

Post Thanks / Like
    The avertising rates are great. How could you go wrong with placing a year long ad for $60. Not only would they prefer to purchase within their own community a huge number of which are in a higher income bracket. I think you tapped into a new market . Something the other fulltimers should think about looking into as well .

Post Thanks / Like
    From what you are saying, it sounds like 75% ``` and lesbians only support other ``` and lesbian businesses. Isn`t that kind of discrimination. They wont utilize my business because i`m straight? Sounds like a double standard. I`ll pass on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fireman03
    From what you are saying, it sounds like 75% ``` and lesbians only support other ``` and lesbian businesses. Isn`t that kind of discrimination. They wont utilize my business because i`m straight? Sounds like a double standard. I`ll pass on this one.
    You are taking it wrong. It`s human nature to want to associate with people and business`s in similar social groups. Not just ```s, but Latinos, Asians, Seniors, UCLA alum, Catholics, or deaf people.

The study in no way said that %75 of ```s will not use a business owned by a straight person, only that they will utilize the business`s in the pink pages before they look elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    So do you have to be ``` to get your add posted in there? If not, how do they know they are supporting their own kind?
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    People like to feel comfortable.
    One way we are comfortable is remaining in our norm.
    When we are around others like us it maintains that `norm`
    Using a business that caters to that `norm` people use it.

``` and lesbian people probably feel comfortable with a business that is pro ````sexuality and probably would prefer to use it than any other business. It`s not a matter of them discriminating because you are heterosexual, but simply supporting businesses pro ````sexual. Even where I live (near SF) there are a lot of people who are hostile to ````sexuals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheSopranos16
    So do you have to be ``` to get your add posted in there? If not, how do they know they are supporting their own kind?
    Bwahahahahahaha!!! Forgive me for laughing but I never thought I`d see this question on Detail City. This thread is cracking me up.

I can just see your ad now.

"The owners of this business are not ```, not that there`s anything wrong with that. Get your car detailed today!"

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne

I can just see your ad now.

"The owners of this business are not ```, not that there`s anything wrong with that. Get your car detailed today!"
    Thanks Dwayne! I`ve been thinking about what the ad should say. I think that`l work like a dream!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ncal
    People like to feel comfortable.
    One way we are comfortable is remaining in our norm.
    When we are around others like us it maintains that `norm`
    Using a business that caters to that `norm` people use it.
    The whole problem that I have with this argument is that if I choose to "remain in my norm", I am labeled a ````phobe. Hence, the double standard. Believe me, I understand your point of view and I do appreciate the explaination. I have no problem with one`s sexual orientation, but feel it should be kept in the confines of one`s home and private lives. A publication catering only to heterosexuals would cause quite a stir. That is why I am offended when publications cater to ```s. I do not feel they are making an honest attempt to be treated equal when they segregate themselves in this manner. Ok, off my soap box and back to detailing! They last think DC needs is to turn into some giant politcal debate forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah I totally agree!
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bigron62
    this stuff will turn a ``` man straight with one application .... just apply once a year .. this stuff is amazing.......

When I saw that Big Ron had something to add to this post, I just couldn`t wait to read. You are killing me!! Hahahaha!!

That stuff is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    i pulled the response to the thread because it might be inapropiate & i try to behave myself here ... it was funny though :bigscream :bigscream :rolling
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Denver,
    If you have the chance to increase your business for $60.00 a year
    and no one else is there to fill the void, sounds like an exclusive to me.

Who cares who they sleep with as long as their money is green.

P.S. this thread is just too easy to say something offesive, so i`ll just say good luck!!
    "J"

Thread Information