Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars NXT Generation Protectant

Anyone else besides me try this? I found it to be really greasy. I was like putting tire shine on the interior. It was so greasy that after I tried it i imediately cleaned it off. I find it works pretty good on exterior trim where greasiness isn`t a problem. Anyone else find grease to be a problem wit this product?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first used it I had no issues with it being greasy, now when I use it, it`s incredibly greasy. The first time I used it, I sprayed it and wiped with a terrry cloth. Normally, I use paper towels, and that`s what I`ve done with subsequent uses of the NXT. All those uses have been pretty greasy. I think for it to not be greasy, you have to apply it and spread it thinly, and then buff off.
    I need an avatar.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you there. I am not impressed with this product at all. Apparantly the greasy part goes away if you buff the surface again with a dry towel, but that seems a little lame. I`ve got products that look as good as NXT without having to buff the surface again later. I still haven`t found a reason that I would choose NXT for a job over just about anything else I have access to. The NXT wax is awesome. I love the wash. And the liquid spray wax is amazing. I`m just not pleased at all with the interior protectant. If I had paid for it I think I would be asking Meguiar`s for a refund. I traded a jar of S100 for the interior protectant and the spray wax. The spray wax was a good trade, but I think I`ll use the interior protectant to lubricate my axles or something.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thats the same way I feel. The only thing I use it for now is exterior trim. It leaves a nice look and grease isn`t a big concern on the outside. Although I bet it attracts more dust then another protectant would. IDK what Meguiars was thinking with this one.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheSopranos16
    Yeah thats the same way I feel. The only thing I use it for now is exterior trim.
    For some reason when I tried it on the exterior it seemed to streak very bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    you would think a company that has a very large portion of the detailing market would make steps to bring the finest products to the marketplace .. i dont get it .. my second claybar from this company went in the garbage can right behind the first one .. im not trying to cut them down im just saying i think its a shame .. i know there are guys who get great results but im seeing alot of post from folks who arent .
    back in buisness baby

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far the only complaints I have ever heard against meguiar`s are concerning this NXT protectant (nothing but rave reviews on the rest of the NXT line), their clay and their backing plates. Everything else seems to be reviewed very favorably. Aside from Mullet Wax, i don`t think I have ever read reviews for a company that have been so massively in the positive other than Meguiar`s. They seem to have very high quality products that please most of the people. I guess you have to strike out eventually, but i wouldn`t hold the creation of a couple bad products against a company that has a reputation of excellence.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found NXT to work great on wheels, brake dust just washes off

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We aren`t talking about that NXT product. We are talking about the dash protectant. Not the Tech Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    One plus for it is even though it is greasy is that it doesnt seem to attract much dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars isn`t a bad company, the NXT Protectant is just a bad product. I bet the president of Meguiars uses 303 on his dashboard, or at least another Meguiars product. No way he uses the NXT protectant.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Though I typically use #40 or PB`s NL on dashes, the NXT applied with a foam applicator pad and buffed with a dedicated MF gives a nice low gloss sheen for me. I was a bit hesitant at first to try it on the dash of a car, but over the weekend I tried and liked it.

bigron62, was the clay bar that you used white and manufactured around early 00? Did it leave streaks of clay all over the paint? Just wondering becasue they had an issue with the clay that has been resolved. I hear that the new clay is great. I haven`t tried it.

FWIW, I think meguiars is a great company. They stand behind their products and as far as concerned are top notch. I really can`t think of a bad product in their line. There are some that I prefer over others, but as whole they have a great line. Detailer, BSP, consumer, I use products from all of them.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had a problem with the nxt tech protectant creating a splatter issue? It seems to stay liquid for a very long time and unless I wipe the surface down it flies off of say my tires for example.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HArriss666
    Has anyone had a problem with the nxt tech protectant creating a splatter issue? It seems to stay liquid for a very long time and unless I wipe the surface down it flies off of say my tires for example.
    IDK because I hated it on my tires and took it off imediately. It left the tires looking grayish. Most good tire dressings will blacken the tires but this didn`t at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HArriss666
    If I am not mistaken it states on the back of the bottle that it is not recommended for tires. I could be wrong though.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information