Post Thanks / Like

SSR1 vs Vanilla Moose

I am debating of what to use for a complete detail. So far, this is what I have decided.

Clay, SSR 2, PP, SSR 1 or Vanilla Moose???, EX or EX-P, then Souveran or Trade Secret layered

My biggest quetion is whether to use the SSR1 of VM. I want a deep and wet and will be using a PC. Any suggestions to this process would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by fireman03; 03-09-2004 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would skip SSR 1 and/or VM if you are using PP. You will be duplicating a step. EX or EX-P will give the deep wet look you are after. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Polish ans SSR1 are very close in purpose and results. The last detail I did, I used SSR2, VM, EX then Natty Wax. VM is a funky little product that offers a very mild polishing action, a glaze and some protetive wax (petroleum based). It gives a very wet look to a finish. It works extremely well with EX too.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read many post that say pp before ssr1 because of the smoothness. Still not sure which route to take a far as VM vs SSR1. Does the VM have a wetter look than the SSR1?

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR1 is more abrasive than PP. You don`t need to use both. SSR1 is a swirl remover so don`t use it unless you have swirls to remove. Every time you use any abrasive product, a swirl remover or a polish, you are removing a very thin layer of the clear coat so you don`t want to use those products any more than necessary. Wash, clay, PP, EX or EX-P.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a professional detailer, but I just conducted a personal Vanilla Moose vs. SSR1 comparison a few days ago. Their overall looks are similar, but VM seems slightly "wetter" while SSR1 does a better job at removing surface imperfections.

I find that the abrasiveness of SSR1 and PP can be highly influenced by the method of application. You can use them together in either order, or you can just choose to use one by itself. If your goal is to have the cleanest surface for optimal bonding and clarity, use PP right before your sealant or wax. If your goal is to create more wetness and depth in the finish, then use SSR1 right before your sealant or wax.

fireman03 - Just a suggestion. You may get more responses if you post these types of questions in the Car Care Products Discussion forum instead of the Professional Detailing forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but I can`t seem to find EX-P in my acronym list. Help:-p

Post Thanks / Like
    Ex-P is Poorboy`s new sealant. It is a pure sealant with no wax. There are several reviews on this forum about it. I`ll let you know how it is. Mine is in the mail.

Thread Information