Post Thanks / Like

Bad Saturday - Question about body work

Hi Guys,

Well here is my story, just finished a full detail on my Black SUV Saturday (using Poorboy`s products of course) and I must say that it was looking good. Too make a long story short
    the wife was out shopping and some knuckle head executed the `ole hit and run. So as a result I have a nice dent about 3 times the size of a silver dollar on the drivers side at rear of the vehicle. I was able to remove the scratches so it looks great except for the dent. My question to you guys is have any of you had "paintless dent removal" service done on your vehicles? Do you know anything about this process? Guess what I really want to know is if I use such a service what are the chances of a screw up. I`ve never had to have any type of body work done on any of my cars but I ran across this and thought that this would be better than taking it to a body shop and doing it the traditional way. I know this is a detailing forum but I thinking that some of you guys may have run across/seen this type of service. My SUV is black, only 5-months old, and paint is in excellent shape. Any input you can provide would appreciated!

Thanks.

JLM

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have had PDR done.
    The shop I went to did a good job.
    Not all shops do.
    It would probably be a good idea to check around and see the quality of work the various places do.
    I checked with the used car department of a Cadillac/Lexus dealer to see who they used.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had PDR twice. Once by a local shop, the other by Dent Wizard, a national company. Dent Wizard did an AMAZING job! It was hail damage and some of it was bad. Softball sized bad. They took out every dent. You could not tell where there had been a dent before. I was stunned! I would recommend them to anyone. PDR is the way to go and a lot of times the insurance company is glad you want to do PDR because it is less expensive than painting. Hope you get it worked out!!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had it done to my moms car last week. The quality of the removal depends entirely on the person doing it. They usually hit up car dealerships, so call up the one you bought the truck from and ask who does their dent removal and to see some of his work.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had it done on my BMW from parking lot dents. They did a great job and it was like 80 bucks for two small ones
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent never use this service, know people that have and the service good
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    PDR works great , but its like any other skill based business . You need a PDR person that knows what they are doing . Alot of auto dealers use them , you might try to get some references from a few dealers or possibly your mechanic may know someone. Asking around is your best bet. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot for the information guys. I really appreciate it. I`ll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thread Information