Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 3 Days Ago

Default Poor packaging - another cracked bottle of Mother's product

I am sorry to say that for the 4th or 5th time, a bottle of Mother's product was so thin, it cracked on its own during normal use / storage.

I kept a bottle of Mother's Carpet & Upholstery All Fabric Cleaner in my rear door pocket along with a microfiber towel. It's been handy in case of emergencies.

The plastic bottle is so thin, it developed a crack in the bottom. The product slowly leaked out, made its way through the door pocket and did a number on the door underside. It's all crusty, and worse - my painted door sills seem to be permanently stained due to product standing there for ??? amount of time.

We all care about the environment and we all know that as of late, water bottles for example are thinner than years ago. But the containers for you cleaning products are too thin and brittle.

The Lot # on my bottle is 4A7298, purchased either online or at the Pep Boys in Chino, CA.

I really like Mother's products but I can't afford another blunder. Please improve your packaging.
Old 3 Days Ago
Administrator

Default Re: Poor packaging - another cracked bottle of Mother's product

We're very sorry for the problem!

Our bottle supplier did cut some corners on us, and we have since resolved that issue.

Please contact info@mothers.com so that we may assist you with a fresh, sturdy bottle.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 2 Days Ago
Administrator

We've got a fresh, improved bottle on its way to you.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 3 Hours Ago

THANKS for the product in the mail, this is why I stick with Mothers, despite any troubles.

I was able to wheel away the stains on my painted door sill caused by the interior cleaner sitting there for ???

I used a cleaner wax, an orbital polisher, and a relatively aggressive orange waffle pad, which normally I use only for heavily oxidized cars, or one that has never been polished before.

I had to tape off the plastic carpet trim and cover the interior with plastic so wax would not sling onto it.

The neighbor thought I was crazy for polishing my door sill, but I explained to him what happened.