Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 12-08-2017

Default Mothers on musical instruments

So this may be a bit of a silly question, but here goes.
I had some Mothers Mag Polish lying around from when I used to polish Stainless Steel parts, and I decided to use it on my Aluminum Tin whistle, which is a musical instrument a bit similar to a Recorder to brighten it up and remove some of the scratches on it. Bit of a derp moment, as it didnt sink in that it may not be wise to use aluminum polish on something that you put in your mouth until after i did so. I didn't polish the mouthpiece, just the body but I wanted to check if its safe to use after washing the whole instrument, or if it may be dangerous. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2017
Administrator

Default Re: Mothers on musical instruments

Keeping in mind that this is a polish meant for automotive finishes, washing thoroughly in warm soapy water is all you need to do to remove any residue.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 12-08-2017

Default Re: Mothers on musical instruments

Appreciate the advice, thanks Admin! Yeah I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking at the time.
Closed Thread