Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Interior Care

Interior Care Fabric? Vinyl? Leather? Alcantara? Wood? Plastic? Discuss how to identify your interior surfaces and use the right product and technique for the best results.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 08-06-2015

Default Leather?

Although the leather portions of my seats are very smooth and super soft as opposed to the textured leather found in say my grandmother's Ford Explorer, I'm assuming it is still considered a "finished" leather. Are there any specific indicators to tell the difference between finished and unfinished leather (the owners manual doesn't specify)? I know most cars today fall in the category of finished leather, but I'm sure some don't. This weekend I plan on using Mother's leather wash & leather cream for the first time and can hardly wait to see the results in person.

Also, for the Mother's experts simply out of curiosity, what products would be recommended for an unfinished leather? I read an old thread on here where it was recommended to only use the leather conditioner or newer leather cream on the leather in a King Ranch, but it didn't say anything about the leather cleaner or leather wash? If the cleaners aren't suitable how would you recommend cleaning before conditioning, maybe saddle soap?
Old 08-07-2015

Default Re: Leather?

If you put a drop of water on the leather and it does not soak in you have coated (finished)
leather.

Mothers Leather Conditioner is fine for unfinished leather and also works on coated leather. You can clean with Leather Cleaner.