Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 01-09-2005

Thumbs up Mothers Professional Line really Kicks!!

Recently a representive from Mothers sent me some of their new products from the professional line. YES, Mothers has a PROFESSIONAL LINE! I do not detail a lot of exotic cars or get invited to any seminars, but when Mothers contacted me to try out some new products I could not wait. I did not had a chance to try them out until today due to the holidays and weather. My wife's SUV may get washed once a week (you know the old saying about professionals - the wifes car is always the last to get detailed), but it takes me 4 months to really work on it. Well it has been over 4 months and really needed it!

After washing the SUV, I applied the DPS Finishing Glaze with my pc set on 3. I was really happy with the it covers and works fast to bring out the shine. I would compare it to Meguiars #80, but the depth seems so much deeper. I have used #80 on a lot of cars and it works great on darker colors. As you see in the photo, my wife's car is not that dark. I have really wanted something to add real depth to lighter cars and now I have found it! After applying the finishing glaze on the whole car, I then applied the California Gold Ultimate Wax System - Phase 3 which is a paste wax. It went on real easy and did not take much to do the whole car. For just doing a two step on her car, I was really blown away. I usually only get that much depth on a three step so I was very happy and excited. The DPS blows #80 away!

The other products I will beging testing this week are: RC1 and RC2 Rubbing Compound, FP! Foam Pad Polish, FW4 Final Wax and the new Power Metal Polish with the Power Ball.

I am very happy with the results and would recommend giving Mothers Professional line a try. I am going to give the other products a real test tomorrow on a darker truck and have no doubts that the results will be outstanding. Thanks Mothers! You brought another one into your crew with these outstanding products.
Attached Images

Last edited by Details3; 01-09-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2005

Default Re: Mothers Professional Line really Kicks!!

Details 3,

Glad to hear about the Pro Line products and how they worked-out.

I am somewhat familiar with the Pro Line but have never tried any of the products, though I've heard they are top-notch. Certainly they are geared towards the Pro, or the enthusiast what some good experience under his belt (plus equipment to go along with it, and the need for quarts and gallons).

My buddy Jeff at Classy Cars Detailing (http://www.classycars.com/) here in town uses the Pro Line and he's done award-winning detail jobs on friend's cars.

I understand the paste wax is very easy to use and the large can will last nearly forever for most people... a good investment. I use the liquid, and like it a lot but might try the paste next time.

The shine looks great (and the kids are cute!). Hopefully your wife is again happy to be driving around in such a nice-looking rig.

Thanks for sharing pics, and I'm looking forward to your next project!

Jim

Last edited by Jim D.; 01-09-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2005

Thanks Jim,

My wife wakes up in about an hour since she works nights at a local hospital - Neonate unit. I would really recommend the professional line to anyone who wants the ultimate shine. I have been detailing for almost 20 years and most of my customers are people that can not afford a fancy car, but want the car to really kick! Her car will be good advertising!

Details3
Rick
Old 01-09-2005

I Wholeheartedly believe that MOTHERS is an A1 Brand and the chemicals are outstanding. I've use the RC1 and RC2 and FPP (Foam Pad Polish for Dark Cars) and the final Wax, don't have the DPS finishing glaze though BUt I used Sealer and Glaze instead. AWESOME RESULTS, but I hope MOTHERS develop more products for the pro's in the future.
Old 01-09-2005

Forest,

Which of the compounds (RC1 or RC2) is like Meguiars #83 or 3MPI-III? I did a little testing and I think the RC 1 is like Meguiars #83. Am I right on this?

Thanks

Rick - Details3
Old 01-10-2005
Mothers® Polish

RC1 is our Super Duty Compound, and RC2 is our regular compound.

#83 (DACP) is most like FP1 and FP2 - diminishing particle polishes.
Old 01-10-2005

Thanks,

I do not have the FP2, but will order it today!

Thanks

Rick Springer
Old 01-11-2005

i have a question, quick question, where can i watch the new pro line of mothers? is it the same that appear on autobarn or is it different?
Old 01-11-2005

Vito,

Yes, what they have here in the 32-ounce sizes (and in the white bottles) are the pro line products...

http://www.autobarn.net/moprfopr.html

The pro line is also available in gallon sizes, but it looks like Auto Barn does not carry them.

~ Jim
Old 01-12-2005

Forrest,

I used the PowerBall and Polish today. Which area should I post the results with photos?

Thanks

rick
Old 01-12-2005

I dont know if you guys know the P21S carnauba wax, i just bought it to give it a try and compare with the pure carnauba of mothers, i do not have the finishing glaze but i sealed and glaze the bmw black of my cousin then put half of the car p21s and half of pure carnauba wax, they both did a really good job, the one from mothers felt so smooth besides it looked a little bit more shiny, but it was a little bit hard to remove, even making a very thin layers of wax. The p21s was very very easy to remove but as i said it was not smother like the pure carnauba wax, none of these products has polishes in it, so it didnt remove my sealer and glaze i put before the wax. If you guys have used how you will compare them? guys... believe me its a hard question...
Old 01-13-2005

Can someone recommend a good cordless power drill for the POWERBALL?
Old 01-13-2005
Mothers® Polish

I've have a consumer grade 18v cordless, and it worked fine.

We have a couple of DeWalt professional 18v that last longer than mine (it's a Coleman PowerMate), but I guess that's more a function of battery than drill unit.

You don't need speed, and you don't need torque. You just need the drill to run a long time.
Old 01-13-2005
Mothers® Polish

Vito - I've not had any problems removing Natural Paste when it's applied thin.

Out of curiosity, when was he last time the vehicle was clayed? That can make a difference in removal.

P21S is a fine product, I'm just (admittedly) biased towards ours.
Old 04-10-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T.
#83 (DACP) is most like FP1 and FP2 - diminishing particle polishes.
Forrest, are you guys coming out with a gallon version of the FP1/FP2, coz I use a lot of this stuff.
Old 04-10-2005
Mothers® Polish

We do make gallons of them.

They're sold in the pro line.
Old 04-12-2005

Quote:
We do make gallons of them.

They're sold in the pro line.

Where can I get them? Do you have the part number of the gallon FP1/FP2?
Old 04-12-2005
Mothers® Polish

Oops - my mistake. I just checked the pro sheet and they're only available in quarts at the present time.

Sorry
Old 04-13-2005

Quote:
Oops - my mistake. I just checked the pro sheet and they're only available in quarts at the present time.

Sorry

That's no problem, Power Polish or FP1/FP2? which do you prefer? Let me know when it comes out in Gallons. Are you guys also thinking about making Power polish in gallons. Haha, I use a lot of your stuff
Old 04-13-2005
Mothers® Polish

I think PowerPolish is a more flexible, forgiving product. The pro stuff is a little more sensitive, and made for folks with training. i'd rather use PowerPolish.

We're looking at PowerPolish in gallons, and some additions to the PowerPolish line, for 2006.
Closed Thread