Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 08-21-2015

Default headlight restoration kit

I don't have anything to compare the Mother's kit to, since I have never tried any others.
That being said, I have to give a big thumbs up to this kit.
I have a '97 BMW M3 that has the original head light assys and they were almost totally opaque with oxidation and filth.
It took a LOT of sanding, but the end result was quite impressive. The plastic is very close to new looking. I just got done with the project, so I'll come back at some point in the future to report on the longevity of the clean up.

I didn't read everything on the outside of the box before throwing it out, so I'm not sure if it said anything about this....
I strongly recommend using a corded drill. I have a couple very high end cordless drills, but they just don't produce the RPM that you'll need to do this job properly. My corded drill is capable of over 2000 RPM and it helps in the ladder parts of the process.
Like a dummy, I didn't think to take pics before/after, but take it from a skeptic, this kit works well.
Old 08-23-2015

Default Re: headlight restoration kit

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Be sure to keep some kind of protection to slow the yellowing from eventually coming back.