Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Tire & Wheel Care

Tire & Wheel Care Whether you have hubcaps, clearcoated factory alloy, or custom wheels worth thousands, you'll want them to look their best. Metal polishing is also discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-21-2015

Default Aluminum wheels & brake dust (motorcycle)

Hello all,

I have a Harley with (I believe) raw aluminum rims and black spokes (factory painted). Due to brake dust the rear wheel is totally black. I'm looking for a recommendation for the right products to both remove the brake dust and clean & polish the wheel.

I'll put in the time but want to make sure I'm using the right Mothers products in the right order. I plan on doing the work by hand, unless there is another option.

I do have mag & aluminum polish which I understand can be used on the wheels but the Pro-Strength Chrome Wheel Cleaner should not be.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-21-2015
Administrator

Default Re: Aluminum wheels & brake dust (motorcycle)

We have a Polished Aluminum Wheel Cleaner, but without knowing the finish exactly, it's tough to make a recommendation.

Additionally, because of the close proximity of potentially incompatible finishes, we state on our wheel cleaner labels that they are "not for use on motorcycles."

That said, we could only recommend car wash.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 05-21-2015

Default Re: Aluminum wheels & brake dust (motorcycle)

I was told they were raw non-clear coated aluminum. The spokes are painted black but are far enough away to be easy to avoid.
Closed Thread