Post Thanks / Like

First Service on The Murano......AHHHHHHH

OK had the first service on the Murano done today. Since I was the first guy there I decided to wait. I held up in the waiting room watched the AM news and read the paper. Guy says it only going to be an hour. Look at the clock and its been hour and hslf, so I wonder around the back and there is my car all wahed up but dried in a half a$$ way, water spots all over the place.

Note to self, make sure to tell them DO NOT WASH THE CAR !!!!

S&W takes most all off then re-wax the car takes the rest, then clean windows. Thank God that I have a lot of product on this car and the water did not spot the car bad at all.:google
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have been
    :angry :angry :angry :hot :hot :hot nton nton :flamed :ticked

nuff said

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    No free wash inflicted swirls for your trouble? Good thing that badboy isn`t black!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said note to self

Do not let them wash the car!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would never let a dealership was my Legend. One time at the dealership they asked me if I wanted it washed. I said NO!! Then he said "Yeah, we`d probably do more bad than good, but I thought I`d ask"

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man this is my favorite topic to argue about. I took my Jeep to the dealer one time it was freshly detailed 2 days before that. Engine was degreased dressed wheel wells and everything was just perfect I told the service manager please sir I take great pride in careing for my many automobiles I dont need your car wash.... He said sure I will make it doesnt go thru the car wash I come back two hours later car was washed by there automatic wash and it wasnt touch less swirls all over. Appearently they went for a test drive got white gravel mud on the wheel wells the engine had some coolant and oil resedue around the caps there was a oil smear on the dash. I was so upset now a yr later my Jeep needs service and I dred going back for service.
    www.exotiXboard.com

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am scared by the people that tell me they`re just after a quick wash until they can get it serviced so they can get the car washed/detailed for `free`.

Do they know that 15year old kids with metal shavings in the palms of their hands and mud ridden chamois wash the cars after 16year old kids perform the service?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s sad, but many of the dealers really think they are doing you a favor. A very large Chevrolet dealership in my area washes every car that comes in dirty. I think anytime your car is in, it is washed.
    I do think it is a touchless and they have some of the nicest used cars in the area so it might not be as bad as some.
    They [I]will[/I[ honor your request to leave the wash job out.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen
    I was so upset now a yr later my Jeep needs service and I dred going back for service.
    Don`t go back there. You can have an independent shop do your service with no problem at all. Just be sure to find a good one. Ask around, there are several in our area that I would trust with my cars.
    The only time my vehicles have been to the dealer is for warranty work. Fortunately, I haven`t had much of that.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    They did that at my local acura dealer - they give loaners so I had a used CL-S for the day and it was nasty. I took it home and detailed it - took me three hours but it looked brand spanking new when I was done (the dash was nasty, the leather was acutally a creme color but looked brown before I cleaned it...wheels were dark grey with break dust!!) - When I went to pick up my car I dropped the CL-S off with my salesman and he could not believe the car..I walked over to Service to pick up my car and the service manager kept saying "we will bring your clean car out front...your clean car..." everytime he referred to my car he said "clean" car. OH NO!! THEY WASHED IT!! - when they brought it around I could see the dried residue from the towel or whatever they used on my windshield, the nasty grease they used on the tires..it was ghastly....he got out of my car and handed me the keys and said it again .."here`s your clean car.." I pointed to the CL-S I just dropped off and said "that my friend is a clean car......this is just wrong.." and asked that they put on file never to wash my car if I ever bring it in for service again.
    You have activated my special ability....

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    They did that at my local acura dealer - they give loaners so I had a used CL-S for the day and it was nasty. I took it home and detailed it - took me three hours but it looked brand spanking new when I was done (the dash was nasty, the leather was acutally a creme color but looked brown before I cleaned it...wheels were dark grey with break dust!!) - When I went to pick up my car I dropped the CL-S off with my salesman and he could not believe the car..I walked over to Service to pick up my car and the service manager kept saying "we will bring your clean car out front...your clean car..." everytime he referred to my car he said "clean" car. OH NO!! THEY WASHED IT!! - when they brought it around I could see the dried residue from the towel or whatever they used on my windshield, the nasty grease they used on the tires..it was ghastly....he got out of my car and handed me the keys and said it again .."here`s your clean car.." I pointed to the CL-S I just dropped off and said "that my friend is a clean car......this is just wrong.." and asked that they put on file never to wash my car if I ever bring it in for service again.

That sounds like what they did to my dad`s old Legend. He told them not to wash it and then when he went to pick it up he saw water dripping from it and upon further inspection water spots all over, and mine you this was a black Legend coupe. He `````ed for awhile and yelled and some managers and got hit Legend detailed for free. Long story short: I had to redo it.

Bottom line: Don`t let a dealership wash any car.

Thread Information