Post Thanks / Like

Porter Cable question

I am on my way out to purchase a PC 7336. Just a quick question. When you use your PC,do you use it just to apply waxes and polishes,and then remove the products wit MF towels,or do you also use the PC for removing waxes and polishes? I have a few things that I am going to order from Dwayne.Thanks for info

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply polishes and waxes with it, but i buff off by hand with a MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same as ranch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again guys. I went to Lowes by my house here in NJ,and they were out of stock.So I am doing to order everything from Dwayne

Boss_429
    Well, today I got to try appying some EX-P with the PC and a finishing pad, then removed it with the PC using a Meguiar`s Bonnet over a finishing pad..................... very interesting results!

I did half the hood with a hand application of EX-P, and removal with a MF......... the other half was done with the PC....... both application and removal. The side done with the PC had a slight edge in gloss.

More testing required before I come to any conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss - I love EX applied with the PC. I also find an increase in depth and gloss over hand application, possibly a result of the more even application or just the fact that the PC works the sealant deep into every pore of the paint. I`ve basically given up hand application except for tight areas. Never used the PC to remove wax or sealant. Poorboy recommends hand application for layering EX, so I might go that way. Those little PVA sponges are the only things i`ve found that let me get an even hand application.

Boss_429
    ACE,

Yep, because of the slight cleaning ability of the EX, applying a second coat (or more) with a PC might be "undoing" the previous layers. Still, the added cleaning/polishing affect of using the PC with the EX certainly won`t hurt the "gloss"!

With the EX-P, layering with the PC is probably even more likey! Removing the EX-P with the bonnet over the pad worked out pretty well!

Thread Information