Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Wink A new *gasp* gal!

Hope I am not invading the boy`s treehouse.

I have been reading the forums over the past couple of days and figured I would say hi. I have plans to make my very first go at the exterior of my own 95 Honda Accord LX this weekend. From looking at the pics here, I think that it`s shape would make you all shiver. But there is no time like the present to reform!

I actually plan to have my car pro detailed soon, but no place I know of advertises claying the car as a step before polish, so I am going to wash and clay my car myself and then take it in about a week later to get the pro`s polish and wax.

See you in the Q&A forum,

-Melanie

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome mel! I`m glad to see a female in here. Many people look for women detailors. They often have a better eye for thos real details then men. I also hope your presence can get a couple of the BOYS around here to shape up a little. If anyone hits on you just let me know and i`ll ban them lol. I like to play big brother Enjoy your time here and I hope we all can help you out in you`re learning process.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea! I have company now!

Welcome Mel! It`s never too late to learn how to detail. Just this past weekend, I showed a friend how to detail her car (a 1999 Buick Century with 125k miles on the odometer that was parked outside 24x7). She`s getting ready to trade-in that car and wanted to add as much value as possible through detailing. She promises that she will take better care of her next vehicle.

-Marj-

Post Thanks / Like
    3.... Natty`s assistant

welcome

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    3.... Natty`s assistant

welcome
    LOL...now now now Jeff, down boy down! LOL

Welcome Mel, glad to have ya with us here at DC. I must say I have to agree with Koop in that the fairer sex seems to have a better eye for details.

Good idea re: the wash and clay before taking to the detailer. If they aren`t specifically telling you they will clay chances are if you ask them to they`ll charge you more $$ anyway so why not do it yourself.

Once again, welcome to DC. Now get to work on that Honda!

Natty

BTW....sorry I missed you awd330. Please accept my belated welcome.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

BTW....sorry I missed you awd330. Please accept my belated welcome.
    Same here! welcome!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Poorboy`s World
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    Same here! welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome NattyBumppo & Koop. I didn`t formally introduce myself in the "Hi, my name is..." forum, so I`m partially to blame for the belated greetings. I just jumped in with both feet and started posting on the "Main Street Detailing Forum". Hope you`ll excuse my Ms. Manner` s faux pas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to both of you, ladies.

It`s true about females and cleaning. My wife does the interiors and she never fails to knock my socks off!

Wash and clay then take it to someone? Why not just polish it and seal it since you`re already half way there and save yourself a bundle? I`m sure you`ll do a better job on the details anyways....
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Welcome Mel (and others )

Glad to see you are taking a proactive approach to your car. I would recommend sticking around and reading as much as you can, you may find that you do not need the professional detailer and that you can do it yourself. We have many members around the US and the world, so feel free to post general vacinity and if anyone is in the area, they may be able to help. I am in the North East Ohio area and would help as much as I can.

Good luck and glad to have you here.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mel,

Welcome from Sonoma County CA "the wine country"

I agree that if you have taken the time to clay, and by the way any detail shop worth there salt would have clay. I would get some product and finish the outside yourself. Everyone here will help you with the steps and the savings you could buy yourself a nice dinner
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I will join the club of people that are late to welcoming new member, so pardon my timing. Either case, I agree with everyone that you can never start too late on taking care of your car. My car when I received looked like it was from oxidation damnation, but most people on this board can testify that it doesnt look like that anymore. Their advice guided me to where I am today, and I am still a long ways from learning everything.

Its good to see more females joining up with the cause. Im sure you can blow us away with how well you WILL be taking care of the interior of your car.

Now you must post your obligatory age, and pictures...of the car of course.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome. And glad to know you are here Marj so we can talk about putting doilies on the headrests and such . . . just kidding!

I will talk about my car situation further in the mainstreet forum, but will tell ya I am 30 and have lived in Seattle for the past 5 years. Originally from Pensacola, Florida where we have mullets that could give The Fuzz a run for his money ;-)

Okay, see you in Mainstreet!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by Mel
    Originally from Pensacola, Florida where we have mullets that could give The Fuzz a run for his money ;-)
    LOL

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    SEATTLE? well you`ll get to test the beading/sheeting properties of your products! I`m from Portland so I feel your pain with respect to the rain. That may also be why your area lacks good detailers. Nobody wants to pay big bucks only to have it dump rain on it for the next week. Beemerboy and Cujo have it set down in Cali. Talk about a car care haven.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information