Post Thanks / Like

Post Play:Critique the Routine/Products...

I have been deciding on what products to buy and methods to use for a full exterior detail & this is what I am considering. What do you guys think.....thoughts, opinions, changes?..

1:WASH
    1)Spray off entire car w/ hose
    2) Wash car w/ meguiar GC and NXT mix & sheep skin mit
    3) Rinse & then Clay w/ magic & Wipe `n Shine
    4) Wash again & quick dry w/ water blade & MF

2OLISH:
    1) Using PC 7424 apply DACP or 1ZPP (I cant decide between these two please help!!)
    buff using MF
    2) Menzerna FP if needed
    buff using MF

3:CLENSE/SEALANT
    1) AIO or WG pe
    buff
    2) UPP or WG sp
    buff

4. ICING
    1) S 100 or Pinnacle Paste Glaze or signature series

The car I will be detailing the most is a silver BMW, but I would like the products to yeild good results on dark color cars for family detaling.thx. also, as far as the PC goes its still in the mail so if any one has tips as far as what pads and speeds to use for these different applications please share...

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good - some thoughts and questions though.

Why the GC and NXT mix on the shampoo?

No experience with DACP and 1zPP but I`m interested to hear how it works out. I`ve used Intensive Polish in that slot with decent results but it didn`t blow me away so I`ll try another product when needed. I`m leaning towards Poorboys as yet unreleased SSR2.5 because every Poorboys product I`ve used has impressed me.

Which brings me to my next observation. Consider SSR 1 in place of FP. I like FP and only bought SSR1 to hit the $100 mark to qualify for PAC`s March free shipping special. (I meant to select ssr2 actually but I`m horrible with typos and clickos) :lol Anyway, I was duly impressed. It`s good stuff.

Let us know how it works out and post pics. I love silver cars.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    thx for reply,
    I have allways used GC but wanted to try NXT, so I thought if I mix them I will get the best of both worlds, good old fashion shampoo and new technology...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Euro, good list started, but I`ll throw in my 2 cents....take it for what`s it worth

Don`t mix FP and DACP. Intensive polish is a good polish to say the least, but I`ve had better results with Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (less hazing than DACP), followed by SSR1. SSR1 will give a slight "wet" look and can forgo a glaze step. Final polish is very clear and reflective. If you go with FP, go with IP. But if you want, and this is in my opinion, better results at a less expensive price, go with the SSR`s.

Along those lines, Poorboy`s Polish with Carnuba is close to AIO, but as Natty and others have experienced, PWC is like AIO on steroids. Easy to use and better results at a less expensive price....how can you beat that?

Wolfgang polish has been the best for me on metallic paints.

S100 will give a nice wet look, but for the silver, I`d go with Natty`s wax because it is very clear. It is very hard to give a wet look to silver. S100 will give you a nice "wet" look for dark cars, and Pinnacle Souveran I hear is even better (but quite a bit more $$).

So, like I said, take it for what it`s worth
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    nickc....are DACP and SSR2.5 closely the same product? Im looking for an abrasive polish/swirl remover/cleaner, and WAS going to get DACP, but now that you mention that you had better results with SSR2.5, im hesitant, and now considering SSR2.5.

Which would you recommend (this will be my MOST ABRASIVE polish, seeing as I dont want to step up to SSR3 just yet). I will be using a PC as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    2drtahoez71---Along the same lines, but different in nature. I`d like to pull a couple more cars with it, although I am running out of my sample, but I see myself giving up DACP down the road. SSR2.5 hazes less, and overall, the clarity and shine are better. 2.5 worked into the paint easier than DACP, and it smells better

Either way, you will still need to follow up with a final polish to achieve superior results. For a "timely" detail, I`d like to try SSR2.5 followed by PwC to see if I can get good results and decent protection.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Carberry

Thread Information