Post Thanks / Like

unbiased opinion: 4*UPP or EX-P

Hey,

What are peoples honest, unbiased opinions here ... I was planning on using 4*UPP but have read alot about how good EX-P is. Which would you prefer?

For those who`ve tried both, what are the differences??? i.e. one has a more wet-look ... shinier - etc?

I know alot of people are Poorboys mad on here ... but yeh an honest, unbiased opinion pls.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used both and I prefer Poorboys.

Truth is I can`t really tell any difference between any of the premium brands of sealants. They all work about the same and look about the same...to me, except I think maybe EX is easier to apply than the other...from my experience. Other detailers will say that one product gives a deeper, or wetter, or clearer shine but I just am not able to see the difference. I`m not saying there isn`t a difference.....only that I can`t see it....but that`s on me. On the other hand I haven`t had the opportunity to compare them side by side on a dark surface.

So.... I choose Poorboy because it does work great, at least as good as anything else out there and I"ve tried Zaino...had 5 coats, UPP, Klasse, and a couple others and I liked them all except Zaino was a pain to apply and Klasse....as I remember it, was not as easy to work with as EX or UPP.

As I`ve said elsewhere, as long as I`m going to send someone my money I`d just as soon send it to the little guy rather than supporting a big company like Meguairs or Mothers or????

So.....there is my unbiased opinion. I buy from the little guy because, imo, it`s better to buy from a GUY, like Poorboy or DF or pakshak or Dwayne, than from a "company".
    Last edited by JimS; 03-12-2004 at 09:35 AM.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love both, If I am working out in the SUN , i would grab Poorboys, if it doesn`t matter its a crap shoot,

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    I love both, If I am working out in the SUN , i would grab Poorboys, if it doesn`t matter its a crap shoot,
    :yeah I forgot about working in the sun and EX, as well as other Poorboys stuff, is great in the sun and sometimes that`s dammed important.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

I use both

and you can`t go wrong with either choice.

Depending on the color of your car here what you`ll see.

(mine is metallic grey for reference)

With 4*UPP I get a clear shine that really really makes my metallic pop. I find that UPP is slicker upon removal than EX (I have ex not ex-p). I use AIO/UPP and it is an amazing combination (but so is UPC thier paint cleaner)...

PwC/EX - becuase of the carnuba it seems to darken the finish and bring out a richness that UPP does not alone (I top my UPP with Trade Secret Carnuba so I get it ..) but with PwC/EX I get similar results with one less step. The Poorboy`s line makes my metallics pop just as well and I think EX is a little more durable then UPP.

If your deciding between the two then you cannot go wrong becuase both are excellent!
    You have activated my special ability....

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I use both

Originally posted by groebuck
    ...you can`t go wrong with either choice.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I just added the 4*UPP product to my aresenal late last year. I have been using EX for a year or so. Both are amazingly easy to use, both in application and removal. For the driveway detailers among us, EX gets a slight edge with its sun friendly usage. For those who want to stretch their detailing dollars, either product is the answer as it takes very little product to get the results we all desire.

I bought the UPP specifically to go over Klasse AIO on the white vehicles in my fleet. As groebuck mentioned the resulting finish is extremely clear and and the white finish couldn not be whiter or brighter. The finish is also very slick.

As I mentioned, I`ve been using EX for a while now and I really like the wet look it leaves on the darker Pewter finish.

Originally posted by groebuck
    If your deciding between the two then you cannot go wrong becuase both are excellent!
    I can`t say it better, so I won`t try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I conecur that I have used both and I`m hard pressed to find a diffence between the two. The PB has a great smel but then that`s hardly a reason to use it. I jsut put a coat of UPP on my Murano so I`ll see how that looks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information