Post Thanks / Like

High Speed Rotary Choices

Anyone care to weigh in on the best rotary? Looking to get one, just not sure which one. Advice?

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Makita 9227 and I like it o.k. It has a cool electronic speed control on the handy and it is fairly light making it easy to manuver. I`m not crazy about the bail handle though as it seems to get in my way a lot.

I really wish I would have gone with the DeWalt 849. It is a little heavier, but it is nearly indestructable. It does not have that crazy bail handle like the Makita and it is made in the good ole USA.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 95YJWRANGLER
    I use a Makita 9227 and I like it o.k. It has a cool electronic speed control on the handy and it is fairly light making it easy to manuver. I`m not crazy about the bail handle though as it seems to get in my way a lot.

I really wish I would have gone with the DeWalt 849. It is a little heavier, but it is nearly indestructable. It does not have that crazy bail handle like the Makita and it is made in the good ole USA.

Matt
    WOW.....i could have written this.....I agree...I have the Makita 9227 and someone let me use the Dewalt....If I had the choice again..I would pick Dewalt...Makita is great...but..
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have experience with the Vector Circular Polisher being sold by Classic Motoring Accessories for $99?

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that although the dewalt is a great tool that the milwaukee is an even better tool. It`s queiter, smoother operating, more comfortable grip, and it`s prettier. The ONLY disadvantages are that it`s a bit heavier and a little more expensive. We use the dewalt at the shop i work at but i went and got the milwaukee. After a few people at work have tried my buffer they have decided when the dewalt goes.... and it`s about to.... we are getting a milwaukee.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    Either the DeWalt or the Makita; they are both excellent choices! The DeWalt is heavier, the Makita has more power. The DeWalt really torques when starting up, the Makita ramps up to speed. Truthfully, I like them both! I can not find one in any way better than the other. So I use the Dewalt always set up for compounding and the Makita set up for Swirl removal work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen a couple of posts regarding the ATD (Advanced Tool Design) Rotory. I picked one up last night for my first rotory. A local auto supply store had one on sale for $70.00. I didn`t want to take the $200+ plunge on a top of line model if I couldn`t get the hang of it. Surprisingly it`s not too tough, but the word "finesse" comes to mind. DACP/ SW 2.0 with the rotory on a polishing yellow pad. I finished with a coat of UPP. Woooooooow.
    Rotories rock...

I can`t compare it to others because I have not tried anything else yet, but here is what I have found so far.

Lighter design (7lbs)
    According to the specs it`s 11 AMP
    Variable speed 1000-3000 RPM
    1 year warranty
    The best feature is the slow start, especially for a beginner.
    It also comes with a backing plate and a velcro plate.

I do see myself getting a dewalt down the road.

It certainly slows down under pressure, but still more than
    my PC ever would. Though it could be my experience, I stopped it
    a couple times already. (applying to much pressure) I also noticed
    a slight knocking sound coming from what sounds like the armature. Granted, I could be working the machine too hard.

I`ll post another update after I put it through a dozen or so vehicles.

Thread Information