wayne

Extractor recommendations...

Looking for a really good extractor for autos.
    Anyone want to make recommendations based on "actual" experience?
    I don`t want to spend an arm & leg, but don`t want a cheapie either
    Please don`t recommend "consumer grade" cleaners like "green machine", etc...
    Anything to "look out" for?
    I prefer a heated unit
    PRO`s & CON`s????
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this thread....not sure of its what your looking for
    http://www.detailcity.com/showthread...ight=extractor

wayne
    Thanks for the link...
    I remember reading through it a while back..., but wasn`t in the market for a new unit at the time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne,

I have a Ninja and I like it. I have had it for a while now and I have not had much trouble out of it. I did have a small leak but the local supplier took care of that for me and it has been good ever since. It is heated and has an adjustable psi to 250 I believe. There are several differnt Ninja models to choose from and I think mine is middle of the road. It heats the water to about 200F. I can`t live without it.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a site

http://www.rotovaccorp.com/century_c..._equipment.htm

I`m a mobile Detailer so I use the Portable ninja
    this machine has an inline heater

(witch means that you don`t get a constant 180* temperature but hot enough to remove stans. It heats up in about 6 mins, I`ve uned this machine for about three years, and I love it. Great for mobile detailers.

If going to be in a shop or a garage I recommend a stationary unit. this has a heat coil in the bottom of the clean water intake ( much like the coils on an electric oven. this will heat the entire amount of water that you put into it and has a thermostat to shut it off the heater once the water reaches the preset temperature.
    For 5 gallon units this usually takes about 25mins to heat up to 180*, and for 10 gallon units about an hour.

For the shop or a mobile unit I recommend a 125 psi pump, this is more than enough pressure to clean carpets & cloth seats. Anything more than that you`ll absolutely soak the interior and will take for ever to dry.

One other good this about buying online you save on state sales tax!

If you order from Rotovac you`ll have it on a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    one other thing

IMO The key to keeping these machines in great running condition don`t run any chemicals threw it. Spray your chemicals directly to the carpet and seats then spray with extractor, scrub if necessary then extract.

wayne
    Originally posted by Rob Preston
    one other thing

IMO The key to keeping these machines in great running condition don`t run any chemicals threw it. Spray your chemicals directly to the carpet and seats then spray with extractor, scrub if necessary then extract.
    Thanks for the "tip"

help, I'm a rock
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wayne,

I have sort of a no name unit called a "Spot Magic" that I picked up from a guy going out of business. I`ts just a 2 gallon NON heated unit. I fill it with hot water from my sink tap and it works wonders. I`ts small but very portable! I take it into R.V.`s that i do so IMO that smaller is better and I dont usually use much more than 4 gallons or so with an average detail so refilling is`nt that big of a deal.

Mr. Preston is correct when he says to just run water through them...mine has never broke down or clogged.

Just my 2 centavos
    "Making the streets a cleaner place to see"

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Sensei heated, 100 psi model, 110" waterlift, and 24` of hose. A little less $ than the Ninja. I am quite happy with it.

The unit (w/heater) draws 28 amps, so I`m not convinced that it is ideal for mobile work...

Jim.
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Durrmaid

I`m mobile, so I just picked up the Durrmaid extractor. It heats to 200 pretty quickly, it`s only 1.5 gallons, so it`s good for mobile and it pulls over 100 inches ( i think). I just tried it out and I am very pleased. Classic had it for $599, and no shipping!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jimmybuffit
    I have the Sensei heated, 100 psi model, 110" waterlift, and 24` of hose. A little less $ than the Ninja. I am quite happy with it.

The unit (w/heater) draws 28 amps, so I`m not convinced that it is ideal for mobile work...

Jim.

Yeah if your going to use for a mobile unit makes sure your generator will run it. The heater will trip the breaker. Most average size generators have two breakers on them.

For those that don`t know you can pick this plug and cable up at any hardware store and convert it to a standard outlet, to plug your heater in to. This will cover you until 30 amps.

If you use in the house, run an extension cord into another room that you know that is on a different breaker that you plug the vac and spray into. Or you trip the breaker in the house. Just in cause those of you that use your customer`s electric.

Thread Information