Post Thanks / Like

Funny detailing mishaps

Thought I`d start a thread to see what funny detailing mishaps you`ve encountered.

Here`s mine, aweful but hilarious.

So yesterday, I was out with one of my guys, Jose. We were doing a Subaru Outback at a customers house. The customer was tending her rose bushes like they were planted by the hand of god himself. I wish she took care of her car like her roses. Anyways, Jose was polishing the back of the car when the rotary caught the rear wiper blade. He must have had the rotary going pretty fast because the wiper flew about 60 feet in the air. I`ll be damned, that friggin wiper blade flew with the most graceful arc and spin, right onto the back of our customers head. Knocked her flat down into the rose bushes. I was in a panic, here I`m thinking she is gonna get up so pissed, full of thorns and with a bump on her noggen. But no, she was so cool about it and just laughed. Thank god she had a sense of humor. Of course I had to buy her a new wiper and I filled two starts in her windshield for free. She even gave us a $20 tip at the end.

So I know with all the experience around here, there has to be some funny stories. Can you top this one? It`l be hard, I`m still laughing today and this happened yesterday.
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats pretty funny man. If i were that lady I woulda went nuts. Hope you did a good job on the car at least...
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    i was trying out my rotary for the first time on my neighbors old faded suburban .. i touched the bug shield on the front of the hood with the pad & a piece broke off & went flying across the garage. took awhile to find it but i glued it back together ... i wont get too close to one of those again!!!!!!!!!!!
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    The lethal wiper blade - that`s hillarious!! LOL You couldn`t do that again if you tried! LOL
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like
    This doesnt have anything to do with detailing , but since you mentioned the flying wiper blade, about three months ago a ceiling fan blade(or whatever you might call it ) broke off at the metal conection and flew through the my kitchen window and landed on my front porch. luckly, nobody was standing in the way, that could have been bad.

Thread Information