Thread: Howdy

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy

Howdy yall, I am from SC and am just getting "into" trying to keep my car clean. I have a black 02 Ford Ranger Edge and I had gotten so tired of trying to keep it clean that I just stopped washing it for like a year or so. I washed it for the first time since on last Monday and after remembering how good it looked when it was clean I polished it up so I could get some of the scratches off of it. Right now I just use Mother`s car wash and some of the Meguiars scratch remover. I checked the boards for stuff like best polish or wax to use on a black truck, but didn`t see much. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys new of some good stuff like wash,polish,wax, upholstrey cleaner that I can buy online. I want my car to look really glossy, like right now even when i polish it up it still looks kinda dried up. Oh yeah, is there any sites out there that will tell you how to use stuff like a clay bar and what is the best way to apply and remove wax (by hand). I also need some good trim restorer, a guy I had detail my car a few months after I got it said something called back in black is really good, but I after the job he did on my car I don`t know if I trust him.
    Last edited by Lwnwookie; 04-26-2004 at 09:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC!

There are lots of great products that are available online. You will get a variety of suggestions for those various products that will all be good. I would search through the forums to see what suits you.

Some good websites are www.poorboysworld.com www.premiumautocare.com www.autogeek.net www.topoftheline.com www.meguiars.com and there are many others. Good luck with that black ranger, great color but you definately have your work cut out

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC

Poorboys products are a great line up for keeping your truck. I would suggest SSR1 or 2 to get the swirls out, then follow up with Polish with carnuba, followed up with his sealant. That should be a good combo for your black. On the inside, a good APC and follow up with PB natural look. If its leather then I`d use Paltinum cleaner and condtioner. For the glass I`d suggest Stoners glass cleaner with micro fiber towels.
    Hope that helps
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the other day when I was washing it that on the rubber coming out from under the rubber it looks like a glob of something ran under the clearcoat, you can`t feel it from the top but it is just like something ran down the side about 3inches long and 3 inches wide, also had that happen under the plastic that sit on the sides of the bed. Any ideas what that might be or how to fix it, man I wish I hadn`t let that thing go so long without cleaning it now.

Thread Information