Post Thanks / Like

#16 vs. Collinite

How do these two waxes compare? I`ve got a jar of Collinite but not #16. From what I`ve read they seem similar. Lots of beads, white, PITA to take off if left on, long lasting, etc. I like using Collinite for a final wax on customers cars because they love all the beading. What type of look does #16 give? If they`re different I might want to try it.

Boss_429
    Haven`t used #16 in quite a while. It is a very durable wax (and hard). If not applied and removed properly, it is a BIG BEAR to remove That`s probably the thing I didn`t like about it the most. However, if I remember correctly, it does have a nice shine......... similar to Natty`s wax.......... clear & reflective.

Collinite makes several waxes. Which one would you be trying to compare it too?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you picked up a "jar", i would assume it is the marquis wax like #925 or something? I would say to stick with the collinite if you want long lastong protection in a wax, I use it as a final step on my customers vehicles as the winter months approach, it is pretty bullet proof. You can get it cheaper by purchasing the insulator wax, it is the same exact stuff, just a little more liquid, and easier to work with.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the key to heavy waxes like collinite and #16 is to apply and remove within 30 secs to a minute. A wet applicator helps a lot too to spread the products thin.

#16 has a look similar to P21s/S100 IMO...very bright & clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Chris Y.
    I think the key to heavy waxes like collinite and #16 is to apply and remove within 30 secs to a minute. A wet applicator helps a lot too to spread the products thin.
    Very true, collinite is ver very thick, and i like to spray the applicator with some QD before starting. It reall does help

Good point

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Marquis and Super Double Coat. I guess I`ll stick with the Collinite until it runs out, then get some #16. I have to order Collinite and it`s much easier to call Car Quest and get Meg`s stuff delivered right to work.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, My first post over here, thoug I have been reading for quite some time now, I love #16......It is my current favorite wax. Here is a couple of pictures taken Monday after washing. I applied 2 coats of #16 about a month ago and since then had done nothing to my truck other then the wash on Monday.

Thread Information