Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Guard Quick Review

So I read the 8-page diatribe on another chatboard and came away learning nothing. The chief distributor of the product attempted to participate, but he was just shot down because he "lied" about the longevity of the Quick product. Well, maybe i`m too easy going, but by those standards, EVERY manufacturer lies because no product ever lives up to the claims. How can they when there are no established measurement standards? I`m sure Klasse will last 6 months on the trunk of my white Bug if I never take it out of the garage, but it ain`t gonna last very long on the hood of a black BMW in Arizona in July. Anyway, I just wanted to try the stuff out without a fuss so I washed and clayed the roof of my dark blue Jetta and gave it one pass by hand with PB Pro Polish. Really, nothing fancy, just trying to remove any old products. Washed again to get off the residue and left it wet. On the hood, where I was testing UPP against EX, I just washed, clayed and washed. Both products were starting to go after 6 weeks anyway and I didn`t feel like hand polishing anymore. So I give it about 5-6 sprays of CGQ on the hood and the top and spread the products very gently with a damp MF. Then I hose it off with my new Brookstone nozzle, which is an absolute killer, BTW and blot gently with a big grey MF. Very gentle through the whole process. I watched the video about 5 times, so I think I have the procedure down. Anyway - the car is finished drying and I do the tires and then I just test the surfaces by running my hand over them. I was absolutely shocked. I have never felt such a smooth, friction-free surface on an automobile in my life. My finger felt like it was not in contact with the paint. Even my couple of weeks old Zaino job felt grabby by comparison. From an appearance standpoint, the finish was VERY deep and glossy and remember, I did not spend any significant time prepping. Just a quick hand polish. So OK - Maybe tomorrow the stuff will feel like crap and look like ````e within a week, so i`m not making any recommendations at this point. I can only say that any product that can make paint feel that slick has a place somewhere on my detailing shelf. More to follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    ACE

I did my Jeep last week with CGQ and today I washed th car and like yourself I was impressed with how the water just comes off and the finish looks as good today as last week.

I`m going to do this every week for a month until I see the finish is not as water resinten. In my testing I`m not looking for a product that will last 6 months because I am always fooling around with some thing. If this CG can last a good 3 months under regular weather condidtions then I will be happy.

One thing that I liked about it is the shine is better than any other sealant that I have used to date
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    The stuff is supposed to take 48 hrs to bond and fully harden so I am expecting the finish to look even better in a couple of days. In any case, I can only imagine how great it would look with real surface prep to minimize every flaw. I have to say, I was really surprised at the responses over on the other forum. The distributor was willing to give out free samples, but people still shot him down without even trying the product and making up their own minds about it. I highly doubt they would give out samples if they believed they were selling a BS product. Not much point in that, is there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I concur about the other site, what I have seen so far is a good product that is easy to apply and does the job well.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking forward to trying CG; I took the distributor up on the product offer.

Different communities have different values. I find Autopia to be more conservative than Detail City. However, there is considerable overlap, often with the same person posting the same query in both forums.

In the end, the goal is the same; well turned out automobiles. Minor differences in attitude and product choice will always be just that; minor differences. If GC turns out to be what it is claimed to be, then it will overwhelm any naysaying by evidence of its appearance on our cars! That doesn`t mean that the naysayers were wrong, but that what they expressed was an opinion, one that others disagreed with.

Sorry, enough peacemaking, it`s off topic. I`m looking forward to trying the CG. I`d love to try ittomorrow, but it`s anniversary & we`re going away for a couple days. (But youse know where I`d rather be!)

BTW, my bro-in-law is an engineer for Schott; he says that the concept of glass & flourine is known, it is called "glass biology" and it is used in toothpaste, pet foods, and other places. He says he`s going to ask some of the chemists at work about it.

Tom

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do I get in on this free sample thing? I am always up for free samples. Because short of a few products, I will give anything a try.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just watched the application video for the pro products. This seems like a great product, and has many selling points. People feel like they are really getting something thats worthwhile when you need the gravity spraygun and so on and so forth.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe that if you contact the people on the website they will send you a free sample of the quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    TASS

PM me I can put you intouch with Jim Campos I have met with him a couple of times.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    OK update on the CG that I put on my Jeep two weeks ago. It rained here yesterday so I put the Jeep in the drive to see how the water looked, it does not bead up the water sheets off the car. Another thing is I jsut got done washing the Jeep and I sue to use two maybe 3 terry towels to get the car dry. WIth the CG I use one and maybe the other to finish up so the amount of water on the car in small.
    The car still has a high gloss shine to it like the day that I put in on. I`m not going to do anything to it for another few weeks to see how it holds up.
    In that time I have put about 400 miles on the car.

Last on another subject is I used PB trim restorer and that has showen very little fadding I have to say its the best product that I have EVER used on plastic trim hands down

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information