Post Thanks / Like

Do I need a Rotory?

I wasn`t getting anywhere with the Meg`s polishing pad and #83 DACP....I switched to the Meg`s maroon cutting pad and made two passes on speed 5 and working very slowly....All looked great under the 1000 watt halogen lights....then today, I see all the water marks again while looking at the car in the sun? Argh! I fear they are etched. Here are some pics of the before shot. The DACP took care of all the cobwebs and minor scratches....Very pleased with it`s performance but these water marks are Horrah-ble!

I have heard the P21S GEPC does well with water marks...I would think DACP would be more abrassive though. I haven`t used it before ...unsure? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 04-27-2004 at 11:25 PM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    try it with a megs polishing pad @ 6 or you could go poorboys ssr products, if you dont have the poorboys. just use the 83 pol pad with a little more pressure rather than letting the machine do the work by itself

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a good look at them and see if the cut the clear (if they look like little craters..) if so then yeah your going to need a rotary or a professional to get at it - I have been there (acid rain damange cut through the clear).

They might be mineral deposits that are bonded to the paint - Try using some distilled vinegar on a terry cloth (just wrap it around your finger and wet the tip then try wiping one of them and let it sit for a minute). Then wipe off with a damp cloth - The acid in the vinegar should disolve any mineral deposits.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys for the input. I appreciate your info. I will attempt these methods ASAP.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    just use the 83 pol pad with a little more pressure rather than letting the machine do the work by itself
    My first time using the PC, I did not use the correct amount of pressure. Amazing what a little technique will produce. Thanks for your advice and the assistance of the Pro`s!

jay - that`s the exact combination that blasted these little rascals like a video game.....Actually, I had the help of two of L.A.`s best detailers, Joe from Superior Shine (absolutely hilarious!) and Brian (SqkyKln, I believe from another forum) to assist.

Here are the results:

Last edited by CrobarCars; 05-06-2004 at 04:29 PM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    wow - looks awesome! is that a sonata?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    groebuck - Thank you for the nice compliment. Actually, it is a 2003 Elantra GT. It is a great car! The JD power report just came out and Hyundai tied Honda for second place (102 problems out of 100 cars) right behind Toyota at number one. (101 problems out of 100 cars).

I have owned Toyotas since 1982, this is my favorite car....very fun to drive and full amenities such as air filter for cabin, rear head rests, leather seats, auto lights off,alarm,CD,moonroof, etc... for anyone who is interested http://www.elantragtclub.com

This is the whole story...
    http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...?threadid=1018
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve asked before but gotten no answers......why is it necessary to block out the license number?
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTE]why is it necessary to block out the license number?[/QUOTE]
    JimS - I do not think you`ve asked me, but I will give some perspective. I do not think it is necessary. I believe it is a choice for keeping some form of anonimity. It is a privacy issue. When I detail someone`s car and take before and after pictures and wish to use them on the internet, I advise them that all license plate numbers will be concealed, thereby respecting their privacy and receive their premission first. From your licence plate much information can be uncovered and some may feel uncomfortable with that. Psychological studies indicate that one of the biggest reasons the internet boom in "chat forums" is the relative anonimity of the people participating. In today`s world of ID theft, etc, it may be just another small task to perform in order to protect others from those who do not respect "The Mullet!"
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 05-07-2004 at 09:30 AM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Thread Information