Post Thanks / Like

Q`s For Zaino Users

I intend to use Zaino for the first time, which I purchased mostly in contemplation of my last pre-winter wax. I figure that Z is going to outlast just about anything during a brutal NY winter with the inevitable automatic car washes and tons of salt. Anyway - My finish is basically very good and I intend to prep with Dawn, clay, SSR1 or Pro Polish depending on the panel and another Dawn wash to remove any residue prior to Zainoing. Do you Z folks actually use the cotton applicator they supply? It would seem that you could get a thinner application with a yellow foam pad. Also, do you use a large cotton towel to remove, or will the standard MF work better. I know these Q`s seem a bit silly, but there is such a cult following built up around the products that it seems that the slightest deviation from Z`s recommended procedures is the sure path down the road to disaster.

Boss_429
    ACE,

I actually prefered the yellow foam applicator to the cotton ones to apply "Z". If you have the Z1, I would use it, and apply that with the cotton applicator.

As for removal, I always used cotton towels, but that was before I had a good stash of MF`s. Being that the Z removes very easy if allowed to dry properly, I`m sure that MF`s would work as well. A conversation I had with Sal quite a while ago led me to believe that the main reason Sal wouldn`t recommend MF`s was due to the inconsistent quality of the towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q`s For Zaino Users

Originally posted by ACE
    there is such a cult following built up around the products that it seems that the slightest deviation from Z`s recommended procedures is the sure path down the road to disaster.
    I deviate all the time, and always end up with amazing results.

For instance, I never use ZFX accelerator or even apply Z1 prior to the Z5 or Z2. I`ve tried both the cotton applicator and a foam pad - a foam pad works better IMO, and makes for a much more evenly applied coat. I`ve used a cotton towel to remove as well as a MF - the MF removes the polish much more effectively.

I also never wait the suggested hours for it to "cure", and even apply additional coats of the polish immediately after removing prior coats instead of waiting the recommended 24 hours...

In fact, I have developed my own technique while using Zaino products - and it works...
    However, sometimes late at night when my phone rings, I break out in a cold sweat thinking that it is Sal Zaino calling to lecture me on the dangers of not using Z correctly...
    One Sunday afternoon, some gentlemen in black suits appeared at my door... My heart was beating wildly and my hands were sweating as I opened the door to see what they wanted... I thought for sure that the `Zaino Police` had caught up with me, and were coming to whisk me away to that secret `Zainungeon` that I`d heard rumors about. Thankfully, it was only Jehovah Witnesses inquiring about my religious affiliations and trying to convert me.... Talk about relief!

Seriously, you can follow the textbook methodology of using Zaino... Or you can deviate from it. It will still work. It`s a great sealant even when you do things your own way...

Regards,
    Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, NC)

Boss_429

Re: Re: Q`s For Zaino Users

Originally posted by onthespot

However, sometimes late at night when my phone rings, I break out in a cold sweat thinking that it is Sal Zaino calling to lecture me on the dangers of not using Z correctly...
    One Sunday afternoon, some gentlemen in black suits appeared at my door... My heart was beating wildly and my hands were sweating as I opened the door to see what they wanted... I thought for sure that the `Zaino Police` had caught up with me, and were coming to whisk me away to that secret `Zainungeon` that I`d heard rumors about. Thankfully, it was only Jehovah Witnesses inquiring about my religious affiliations and trying to convert me.... Talk about relief!

Regards,
    Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, NC)
    Onthespot,

You realize of course, that if Sal reads your procedure, it will probably give him a coronary!

Thread Information