Thread: Klasse AIO

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO

I got some Klasse today for a job that I have coming in tomorrow. A boat anchor 4x4 black truck. Its got over spray that I will be claying off, the using the Klasse instead of doing teh 4 other steps that I do on other cars.

I just got done trying it out on my BMW and I have to say the finish looks good deep and some what wet. Not bad for a AIO product, I can see where it will fit into my group of things quite well.
    You can see me in the back quarter panel I`m about 15 feet from the car.

Now is there anything that I should do besides clay before I apply Klasse or can I glaze after or is this truely a one step process?

Thanks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the hood at another angle

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Beemerboy it looks great From the pictures it has very deep color Keep it up.... Hey do you get business just from driving that around... I would stop and ask who cleans your car...Great job...
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its funny but I do get jobs from this car. I have allot of people ask who cleans the car, my best calling card.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Death to white cars!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, Dave. From my experiences with Klasse, yes it is a one step process. However, AIO provides only minimal protection, and also only about 70% of the gloss you would obtain if you used Klasse SG in conjunction with the AIO. Try going over it with the SG and you will see a nice difference in not only gloss, but durability (if that is a concern for you).

I like your `traveling billboard` for your business. There`s no better advertisement than your own vehicles!

Brian
    "The 83-88 Monte SS - they just don`t make `em like that anymore...."

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AIO does a very good job as a paint cleaner and like you said provides a level of gloss and protection. For a wash and wax job it`s a good choice providing the finish doesn`t have a lot of marring. AIO won`t really do anything for fine swirls or marring.....a cleaner/wax would be a better choice there.

If you are doing a multi-step process rather than a wash/wax then you would want to do your swirl removal or glazing before AIO since that would remove the acrylic base AIO lays down.

After AIO try topping with UPP or EX. The AIO/UPP combo is a time tested favorite here and produces outstanding results with ease of use. EX over AIO is another great combo that may yield a bit deeper look on darker colors (attributable to the carnauba added into the EX sealant).

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feed back. I used it on a black truck yesterday. I started with a polish with a cuitting pad then Klasse. The finish was good but I think that I should have some a SWR.

Now I need some help what`s EX and UPP. I get confused wqith all these terms.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Now I need some help what`s EX and UPP. I get confused wqith all these terms.
    EX = Poorboy`s EX Polymer Rsin Sealant
    UPP = Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection

Both available at the online store here at DC.

Natty
    Natty

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Beemer,

I imagine that you could put just about anything over the AIO. I have used the UPP, Blitz wax, P21S, Collonite Inlulator, and others with good success. I kinda look at the AIO as a base coat and a covering of Blitz as a extra protection and more gloss.

Ive noticed that the water doesnt bead up with Klasse like some sealants and waxes so I enjoy putting something over it.

I like the UPP on dark paints, it gives a rich look to the color. I also like the Blitz on dark colors since it wipes off so easily without streaks.
    Best regards,
    John
    Buy the new jayhawks album!

Post Thanks / Like

AIO + Other Products

Hi Beemer,

I`m a complete amateur, but here is my 2 cents regarding AIO + other polymers, not waxes such as Blitz:

1. For longevity, the consensus seems to be: AIO + SG (Klasse Sealant Glaze) x 2.

There is no need to do anything between topping AIO with SG.

2. For added depth and/or brightness: AIO + Platinum UPP or Poorboy`s EX (which has some wax in it). These two combinations seem to be favorites. PremiumAutoCare.com carries these products. I`m not sure about EX`s longevity. I have some EX and still need to use it. I understand that Platinum UPP doesn`t last quite as long as Klasse SG. Dwayne wrote about this in another post.

I had AIO + SG on my dark green Toyota (6 years old, 105,000 miles) and thought it couldn`t look better until I added Platinum UPP. My wife took one look at the car and said, "It looks better than when we bought it new." And that was after only 1 coat!

BTW, Platinum Gloss Enhancer is an excellent quick detailer.

Some time soon, when I`m down in Sonoma visiting family, I could bring some small samples of EX and Platinum, if you are interested in picking them up, or I could drop them off in SR. Or, if you are heading toward Sacramento, I can give you some any time.

Both Dwayne @ PremiumAutoCare and Steve @ Poorboy`s products are great folks. Both wonderful to work with!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If those are the words of an "amatuer" then I`m Pamela Anderson. LOL

Seriously, I couldn`t agree more SJK. Only thing I would add would be that after about 2 months the EX on my truck comes right back to life after a wash. Really pops after a QD. And regarding the longevity diff between Klasse SG and UPP....IMO, the HUGE diff in ease of use of UPP vs. SG more than makes up for any difference.

BTW..welcome to DC.

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty,

Thanks for the compliment! But, imagine Charlie Chaplin detailing a car.

Strange, I don`t have trouble with SG. In fact, I enjoy working with it. But I agree that UPP is much easier to use. I believe UPP kicks the finish up another level over SG. I`m looking forward to trying EX. I`m thinking about just using AIO + SG x2 in the winter (for longevity and toughness), and UPP or EX over AIO the rest of the year.

I used to wax my father`s 1954 Buick Century with Simonize Paste Wax after cleaning the paint with some orange reddish goop that took forever to remove with cheesecloth. (That`s where I picked up this disease.) What a difference 49 years makes!

It`s good to hear about the longevity of EX. We may have a new winner.

And thank you for all the comments which are helping me to learn how to detail cars the right way.

Thread Information