Post Thanks / Like

Question What to do with what I got?

OK, it is warming up in the Windy City and my detail itch is strong. I previously went with Zaino (Z2 &Z5) by hand. Now, I have the PC and some other products to try. My question is, I have Megs Medallion Paint Cleaner and SSR1 I am going to use to remove swirls/marring from my black Murano. What comes after those two? Do I need to use a polish. I have EX and want to use it but not sure if a sealant can go on after the Megs and SSR1?

Also, how do you guys wash the carpet mats?

Thanks. Later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frist of all nice ride I have one in Sunburst Copper that werid brigth color. How do you like the power, handling and tranmission?

I would start with clay to get the crap off from the winter. Then use the SSR1 with a cutting pad to get rid of the swrils. Not knowing that much about the Megs product I would think that you can use it then, to clean up the smooth out the clear coat. I`d also use a polish pad for this
    I would then use your EX by hand and then get some decent paste wax, making sure that there is no cleaner in it.

Wash & Dry
    Clay with QD Spray
    SSR1
    Meg paint cleaner
    EX
    Wax
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend using MPPC prior to SSR1. MPPC can be used with either a cutting pad or a polishing pad depending upon the desired level of cleaning. SSR1 works equally well as a minor swirl remover and a final polish, so an additional polishing step is not required. EX can be used directly over SSR1. Note: If your swirls are more pronounced, you may need a product like SSR2 or DACP prior to the SSR1 step.

For cleaning carpeted mats, I use diluted all purpose cleaner and scrub brush followed by a couple passes with a Bissell Little Green Machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    awd330, which model number little green machine do you use. i searched google and found a couple different ones.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jstn
    awd330, which model number little green machine do you use. i searched google and found a couple different ones.
    Mine says it`s model #1400. I bought it a year ago to use around the house, and found that it worked well as a floor mat cleaner too. If I were buying one today, I think I would look for the heated model.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks i found that one you have and the heated model 1425B and a larger one (cant find it again to give model#). i need something like this, im not professional so spending so much on the bigger stuff would not be worth it.

thanks again
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I needed to know.............Thanks for the info..............I am going to do MPPC, SSR1, the EX to top it off. Hope the nice weather holds up for the weekend.

Hey Beemerboy, I love the MO. It is my wifes daily driver and I cant drive it enough. It is our first SUV. The power and smooth CVT trans is awesome. So far I havent had any real complaints with it. We got some rattles from the back, but hey, its a first run SUV and some minor issues can be expected.

Thread Information