Post Thanks / Like

Buffing done, Zaino on...

I took a day off so I could finish buffing the car and finally put a few coats of Zaino on.

I used #82 for the whole thing, playing a bit with the pads. I primarily used a polishing pad, but I tried a finishing pad for a while. The finishing pad worked pretty well with the #82, but it seemed to `load up` fairly quick.

Of course a DAWN wash followed the polishing and the car went into the garage for Zainoing. After a round of Z6/Z5-ZFX/Z6/Z5-ZFX with MF the `big` work was done, now all I have to do is find time for the `details.`

I started about 9 am, and finished up about 5:30 pm (can you tell I was taking my time?)...of course if I tell the wife I`m not done, I`ll get "THE LOOK" and be reminded of how I just spent "ALL DAY"

The end result was that after the #82 work was done, the car looked the way it did AFTER I applied Zaino last year for the first time. In other words GREAT!! Now with two coats of Z5/ZFX the car is simply incredible (in the garage at least). Tomorrow is the real test (assuming it`s not raining) when I pull the Screaming Lemon out of the garage into the sun.

**keeping my fingers crossed**
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whew, thats a lot of work. Congrats on what soudns like a great job! Now grab a cold brew, pull up a chair and admire your work.

Be sure to post a pic if you can!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Be sure to post a pic if you can!

Natty
    As soon as I find where either the wife or the ferrets hid the digital cam
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I called Sal @ Zaino last week to see if they did sample kits. I am always in search of great products, and he totally blew me off. He said since I am a mobile detailer that his products were not for me. So I hung up, and about 10 seconds later he called back saying "I didn`t mean to blow you off", but it was too late, he already pissed me off. He continued to tell me that his products were for more high end cars and so on. So I just told him that my business is in Burbank CA (entertainment capitol of the world) and most of my clients have high end cars and I would not be using his products. I just had to share, I couldn`t believe it!!!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

wayne
    Sorry to hear of the bad experience.
    Sal has always been helpfull, to me, although the first call I made to him I kinda felt the same way, but after that, it went great.
    Sal is very busy and I am sure must have been having a bad day or something, at least he felt the need to call back and explain.
    There are a LOT of people that call/write looking for something "free" and maybe that day was "filled with that request".
    I don`t know, I am making no excuses for it, however, it was nice that he called back to explain..., the owner and president of the company, which is still accessable to us "regular folks".
    Mobile detailing in a lot of cases have a reputation for quick, easy detail jobs, although not true in some cases(my detailing when I get a chance, for instance), it is usually the "norm" for that type business, and I gueess he thought you were looking for a one step or something???
    Zaino will not cover blemishes, it is for show car finishes, so thinking show car vs. mobile detailing, I guess he jumped to conclusions.
    Not making excuses..., just a different view point based on experience talking to Sal in the past. I gave him another try..., and am I glad I did!
    The Zaino stuff is a great product...

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheCompleteLook
    I called Sal @ Zaino last week to see if they did sample kits. I am always in search of great products, and he totally blew me off. He said since I am a mobile detailer that his products were not for me. So I hung up, and about 10 seconds later he called back saying "I didn`t mean to blow you off", but it was too late, he already pissed me off. He continued to tell me that his products were for more high end cars and so on. So I just told him that my business is in Burbank CA (entertainment capitol of the world) and most of my clients have high end cars and I would not be using his products. I just had to share, I couldn`t believe it!!!
    Sounds like he attended the Al Bundy School of Business Management.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, I nominate you for the "perfection award" Nice job, as usual.
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Boss_429
    I`m betting that the vehicle looks fantastic! Zaino is a fine product! On the other hand, Sal can be a bit "touchy" at times.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive ordered some Zaino products for my father before (He is a evout Zaino fan) and I have ran into that problem before. I never talked to Sal, but I talked to some underlings (It might have been him, I doubt it). Either case, I am not a fan of Zaino. The ammount of time required to do a car is beyond reason, espeically with the ungodly drying times.

Sorry, I will stick to good ole Meguiars.

Thread Information